Looking for environment artist / animator for cartoon style game.

Greetings,

I’m looking for someone to help with building environments and possibly character animations. Before I get into the needs for modeling I want to go over the project details and overall project direction , plus give you a little bit of information about my self.

This will be my first commercial game. I have developed a few mini games mainly for learning purposes and personal enjoyment. I don’t want to be overly ambitious with the project. I’ve seen too many projects fail because people want to create the next World of Warcraft on their first attempt.

This will be a short single player RPG. The game play will be rather simple with a focus on smooth fluent play and solid functioning mechanics. The game will be sold via Steam and GOG with a moderate indie price of about 10 dollars or possibly less.

The overall goal is to get a solid product on the market. I’m trying to establish myself on the market. Once established we can work from there. Having a good product to show will be necessary when seeking funds from investors for a larger project.

I’m not looking for multiple artist. I only need one good solid artist. Once the game is on the market all profits will be split down the middle between me and the artist. Everything else such as programming , audio , etc. will be covered by me.

Here is a summary of the overall objective.

1.) Create solid functioning game.
2.) Establish self in market.
3.) Solicit for fund to create a bigger project.

Now for the art requirements. I posted a video below that will give you a good idea of the art direction of the game. The game will use solid cartoon shading with a bright and vibrant tone.

I need someone who can create environment clutter and other miscellaneous objects. I will be piecing the levels together my self with blender. The environment pieces should be modular , uniform in size , and ready to use in a snap to grid assembly environment. Some things I need are switches , bridge pieces and elemental blocks. By elemental blocks I mean blocks such as ice , fire , earth , etc. Movable environment blocks will be part of the game play.

My second biggest need is animations. I have models I want to add more animations to. I’m still deciding between using an animation service such as Mixamo or having custom animations done. Knowing how to animate isn’t necessary but would be very helpful.

A little about me. I work a full time 9 to 5 job. I’m working on this project in my spare time. I’ve been programming for about 20 years now and I know 6 programming languages. I also know the in and outs of modeling such as animation , UV editing , box modeling , etc. I have no natural art talent hence why I’m looking for an artist.

If you are interested please leave a reply or send me a private message and I can give you more details. I’m looking for someone who is serious about making a game and already knows how to make game ready models.

https://youtu.be/F8CD5482QsA

I updated the video. This should give you a more accurate representation of the art style I’m going for.

Little update , working on in game interfaces.

[video]ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BSF9VU7yJY[/video]

Hello, I’m interested in the job, although I’m not sure if I’m qualified enough. Can we get in touch through PM?

Sure , PM any questions.

I am an Environmental Designer and I do certainly have an interest in this. I think I’ll stay up to date seeing as of right now, I am taken by another indie studio.