and barrel is std 55 Gallons barrel size

thanks for any feedback
happy cl

Attachments

beginning to get something but it is very rough

can some one help

happy bl
thanks

Both work, but I find that using particles is a lot easier to manage.

is it with particles fluid ?

any example for using that ?

thanks
happy bl

These may help you :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArVXkfXHDWg
BA thread - CubeSurfer Addon

got 2.78 now
and bugs and bugs

cannot even open the user preferences anymore
will have to wait till we get the next version I guess
to experiment with the script

but looks interesting

any example using this to use particles fluid?
don’t know if this can be use with fuild sim or other effect in blender

but if it is 10 times faster it is very interesting

thanks
happy bl

I think you just use a particle system, The trick is setting up the system to flow like water. Using different force fields to get the particle flow right. Then the addon meshes the particles into a solid mesh.
To use this script, just use a slightly older version of blender, i think it works with 2.77

If you really want to use the fluid sim for this, then you will have to ensure it has a high resolution so that it reacts to collisions accuratley. Also make sure the option “Remove Air Bubbles” is turned OFF.
Alos, make sure that the modifier displays the final resolution in the viewport and not the preview resolution (As the preview res can only be up to 100). This lets you see how the final simulation will look, without the need for rendering.

I think the baking times will be LONG, regardless of what system you have. So getting it to work right can be really annoying, as you have to wait so long to see if you have set up everything correctly :confused:

Using controller objects can make things much easier, and you can use particles to define local forcefields. I have never done the latter myself, but there is a small article in the blender manual here - https://www.blender.org/manual/physics/fluid/types/control.html
And i’m sure youtube will have a few videos demonstrating this technique :slight_smile:

well baking depends on res I guess
right now the first one was not bad about 67 MB and about 10 minutes for baking with 250 frames

but having problems of overflow on barrel
may be if I use a outflow might help

but would be interesting to use the particles too
which might be faster but not certain what the resol will be and if I can control the overflow !

will wait another day for next 2.78 version
if not there I will re install 2.77

thanks

67 mb is extremely low for a fluid sim? Mine always come to at least between 250mb - 1g! is your’s a short simulation? or are you just using a low resolution?

Higher resolutions are needed to get the flow looking realistic and interact with the collision meshes correctly, A low res sim will have fluid that intersects collision meshes and passes through them on some occasions. I usually use a resolution of about 256 for my fluid sims, and just leave it to bake while im busy with something else. But it depends on how accurate you need the sim to be :slight_smile:

The overflow will (maybe) be due to the fact that because the res is low, there will be empty space between the fluid and barrell. Meaning the 55 gallon capacity will only actually be about 45 to 50, maybe less depending on the amount of empty space between fluid and mesh. Thats why i recommend higher resolutions and turning off the “remove air bubbles feature”

I use res around 150
is not the max at 250 ?

I can try to increase to 250 but certain it will get to a few 100 MB

still the tank is like 1 M3 and barrel is smaller
and I sue the inflow cause it was the only one working
I tried the fluid one and did not work

I could add an outflow in barrel to stop it overflowing
might work

also I tried with smaller pipe and did not work at all
it began working only with large pipe
could it work with smaller pipe if I increase res may be
or what else ?

I can upload file it is small model

thanks
happy bl

by the way where does it save it on Win 64?

//cache_fluid

could not find this in app folder !

thanks
happy cl

I think the cache saves to the folder your .blend is saved in :slight_smile:

And yes, the higher the res, the more detailed your fluid will be, therefore allowing it to pass through smaller/ more complicated obsticles. Or you could add some subdivisions to the fluid using the setting in the fluid boundary panel (This can wildly increase computation time depending on your base resolution) The resolution is basically the depth of the geometry in 3d space, points defining X,Y,Z locations, the higher the resolution, the more points there are to be calculated resulting in more detailed fluid meshes and more accurate simulations… but you pay for that with much longer computation times…

Make sure you check your fluid collision settings, as you may have the fluid colliding with the volume of the pipe rather than the shell :slight_smile:
And ensure that in your fluid boundary settings you untick “Remove Air Bubbles”, as this can cause problems with dissolving of geometry in places.

And i think the max resolution is 1024 (For final resolution) and i think its 100 or 200 for preview resolution.

what do you mean by your fluid collision settings

it is inflow right now so where is that setting for collision ?
do I add a collision physic after the inflow and shell setting ?

I did a test with remove bubbles at 200
and I got file at 256 MB and it did not work - water spilled all over
took like 2 hours to bake that one
for now seems to work only at 120 with file size at 55 MB

I did add an outflow and it helps a lot
much cleaner but still over frame 200 there is some spill out

found a few posts on Blendstack

like how to offset start with negative frame - not obvious
and able to anim the animate value to stop at a certain frame

very interesting

thanks
happy bl

In the fluid settings you can add an object as a collision mesh for the fluid to interact with. but this may not be necassary depending on whats happening with the fluid.

Just so i understand correctly, is the water flowing from a tank, through the pipe and into the barrel?
or does the water flow from the end of the pipe itself?

Can you explain exactly what happens in the sim, then i will have a good idea on how to help.

Im baking something different but im seeing issues with inflow which stops at a certain amount. If the waterflow is at a certain point with X-amount velocity it wont go any higher.

Also dont understand why they dont fix or work on those ugly jagged edges. The fluid system needs tons of testing before you can something.

The inflow is negative from that blue part downwards. Now ive added keyframes and at certain point i boost the velocity to rediculous power.

I dont have a outflow in here, could this be the problem why the water stops and the left basin wont fill up?

Sorry for hacking the thread a bit.

Attachments