Survive the Zombies - 3D RTS game - Linux version added !

A funny mix of Real Time Strategy and Survival games : Your goal is to manage a group of survivors against zombies.
For each session of the game, the player have to keep a certain amount of humans alive during a determined number of days.

You have to protect your base camp too. If, it's destroyed by the zombies, you lost the game. 

You play sessions on a virtual gaming table with a parametric and randomly generated map.

LAST UPDATE (03/11/2017) : Now available for Linux gamers :RocknRoll:

Current version : Alpha 0.9

Hey,

it looks very nice. I like the design of the objects and the generated map(s). It’s looks good without many objects and much details.
I’m interessted what this project will become in the future and how the gameplay will looks like in detail. :wink:

Thanks for your interest Maujoe :cool:

New video : Survivors vs zombies, some basic behaviors / And first sound tests.

Adding 3d sounds, day and night cycle and other stuff (UI improvements, more behaviors for the characters…)

More and more python scripts and the game still runs at 60fps :slight_smile:

Looks cool, I think the night phase really adds to the theme as it is scary when your defences are weaker with limited ways to intervene. You really need the use the “calm” daytime to prepare for the next night.

wow! this is really cool! love rts games! would gladly beta test the game! :smiley:

@Wraah : Yes, that’s the idea :eyebrowlift:

I think, the first day of the game, there will be no zombie to allow the player to prepare its defenses and begin to gather resources. But after one night, the troubles begin :eyebrowlift2:

Another idea : in the high levels… horde of zombies !!!

@Smoliterno : Thanks, I hope you will like it :wink:

Survive the Zombie : For the next Alpha version 0.2, I’m working on a big feature : the build system. That means new things like specific user interfaces, some new behaviors for the survivors. In a few words : a lot of additional code :slight_smile:

Here is a first look at of the first defense constructions :

Here is a new step in the game development : adding the building system. It involves many other things and so much more codes and debugging. I’m pretty happy, the game still stable and there is no lag even with more than 60 characters on screen.

I’m pretty happy, the game still stable and there is no lag even with more than 60 characters on screen.

What is done for now (Alpha 0.2) :

• UI : New action panels and displaying costs for actions
  • Terrain : Adding a first trap model (build and repair)
  • Camp : Adding watchtowers and fences
  • Survivors : New builder, repairer and watcher behaviors
  • Zombies : adding some small speed variations (randomly)
  • Debugs and a lot of small improvments
  • Some new SFX

What I plan to do next :

Lot of improvements for the base camp and some new functions like harvesting resources…

I have some questions/doubts :

• In this kind of game (RTS), do you think is it necessary to add some motions to the characters (walk cycle…) ? I think I don’t have to do that, but I would like to have your opinion, please :eyebrowlift2:
  • I’m still not satisfied with the interface panels because sometimes they hide the view. Maybe I should display them on one side (the opposite side where the player clicks on the screen)…
  • Any suggestions or critisms are welcome :slight_smile:

With a lot of python script, I just finished the Alpha 0.3 version by adding the building functionalities :

• Inside camp, you can build : A shelter, an infirmary and a cantina for your survivors. You can add some watchtowers too.
  • Outside camp, you can build some traps (only one type for begining : pointed poles).

These additions involved new behaviors to be coded for the survivors (builder and watcher).
Next, I plan to improve UI and add a lot of help texts for the player.

As planned, I have added the parametric level system and made a lot of improvements for the User Interface.

All known bugs are solved too.

Now, there is a background scene for the main menu :

And I begin to write the player guide.

So, this version alpha 0.4 corresponds to the free demo (available with the next alpha version) of the game and now I’m starting to add the full game features :yes:

The Alpha 0.5 version will be the first “Early access” release… see you soon for testing the game !

Love minimalist! Beautiful!

I would play this game. Nice work.

looks very polished, well done!

Thank you all for your kind words! It’s very motivating!

Awesome. It looks great already!

Yeah, looks great! Nice new features too.:slight_smile:

love seeing strategy type games being made with BGE and UPBGE. Such as Build More Cubes (which is awesome!) and Vinland and this one, cant wait to try the both when they are ready or some kind of demo or something like that.

FREE DEMO (Windows only) - Give it a try : http://wabby.itch.io/survive-the-zombies

Feedbacks are welcome :eyebrowlift2: