Weekly Nano Game #1

http://s.mmgo.io/t/dDs

You have four hours between now and when the timer stops.
Make a game using one of the themes:

• Run Away
  • A Man Alone
  • Black and White

How you Participate:
Post your WIP in the nanogame group! Also put a screenshot in this thread, and update that post. If you can, provide a video both of your game and of the development of it.

Detailed rules

I will run these events until I host the BGMC 22 - if there is enough popularity.

Sounds great. I might use this as a chance to try out BDX.

I will see if I have time, I’m looking forward to this it should be fun.

I don’t see the timer

@Nicholas_A:
Thanks for letting me know. Should be fixed now.

I thought I’d start working on my game.
Screenshot so far:

The game: You are a ghost/fireball haunting a cave. Chase the explorer out of your cave so you can return to sleeping.

Time so far: 1.5 hours
Status: Player motion is in, most of the textures/shaders/assets are made. (Just the explorer and level(s?) remain)
Next Steps: Make the explorer run away from the ghost.

Yes, the explorer you are chasing has an insanely bright torch…

I wish I had managed to do some work on this, but not yet…
Maybe tomorrow.

I think it would be better to post it in the Finished Games forum. That way, more people would play it. Also how should we abbreviate “Nano Game”? How does “BGNGC” (Blender Game Nano Game Contest) sound?

Wow time is flying, I only have time on Thursday and Friday… so I will see what I can get done.

I’ve been making a game for this, I’m at about 2.5 hours. I’ll post a video later today.

Well, I got a lot more done on my usual project this week than I thought I would so Maybe I’ll give this a go now.

Installed BDX and had some fun.
May actually have a kind of game at the end of the week…

Closing soon… Get those games up.

I think the group didn’t work at all. I will delete the group.
I think a better prefix will be [WNG] Weekly Nano Game as it is very different to BGMC.

this is sound awesome ,
another question, who did you made this timer ? if i may ask

FAIL!
Well, I did get a kind of game working but not any real gameplay.
Just a character moving and jumping.

Still more than I expected.
I enjoyed trying out BDX, switching to Java was less of a problem than I expected.
One thing I had a problem with was creating a desktop version of the game.

I guess I’ll figure it out eventually.

I do this by executing a .bat file that contains the following 2 commands:

cd C:\Users\hilkojj\Desktop\destim\project
gradlew desktop:dist

(Replace that path with your path to the folder where all those “gradle” files are)

more info here (bottom of the page)

It might be better to put the .bat file in the same folder of the gradlew file and use a relative file location because using cd on an absolute location won’t be transferable to other computers.

gradlew desktop:dist

It’s also a little bit more complicated because you need to pack the jre with the project if you want a fully standalone version of the game, but this is a good start!

Well, I dusted off my old DOS knowledge and ran the command prompt to get it working.
I wonder if people have to set up their computer with PATH to get it to run easily?
I’d like to set it up to run as a .exe
But I’m having a lot of trouble with packr.
Anyone else got it working? I’m on windows. I’ll probably start a new thread about this one.

Well, I got about 75% done, which I consider to be pretty good. :wink:
I don’t think I’ll post a blend, because my game is still kind of broken, but here’s a video of 99% of what it has to offer:

It’s inspired by early PS1 games, I’ve always liked the style that early 3d titles used. I was going to add a combat system and enemies, but I just ran out of time. :no:
Still, it was fun trying to make a game if four hours!

@Grenzer: That’s an impressive world you made in such a short time. Good job.
@Smoking_mirror: Surely you can use relative paths such that so long as the bad is in the same folder as other things you can just use it straight off. That’s how I remember .bat’s working.
My entry:

OMG NO! xD I’ve been working all week, 10 minutes left @__@