Title:

I need your help. This is mini project I’m currently working on, the problem is thet I feel like something is lacking in here and I can’t find out what. I hope you could help me. Waiting for your advices and critics.

First of all it looks very nice, very painterly! I think what could be the reason for your feeling is that it basically is all foreground. Sure there’s the wires running into the back and some foggy trees or bushes in the middle but nothing for the viewer to really hold onto. Also looking with 2D composition in mind the mass defined by the pole on the right and upper right could use some more counterweight in the left/bottom part of the picture (masses high up in a picture carry more “visual weight” than those at the basis)
Edit: The format is kind of unusual, very tall and narrow, which may be intentional? But playing around with that could give some benefit as well.

At a first sight, the only thing I think it’s wrong is the fact that a utility pole like that should be tall at least 10/12m from the ground.
I can’t imagine they put it on a tree, or a so grown brushwood under it.
For the rest I think it’s a very very very nice image.

Hi zaras,
The style of the image looks great. But i agree with lazyvirus, the scaling is off. A pole like that needs to be way higher.
In terms of compositing you could try to mirror the image to get the cables onto the baroque diagonal of the cavas, and then add other poles in the background that are connected to the wires to get more visual weight in the opposite canvas corner.

1 - size
I mean at top are these high voltage lines ?

lenght or arms should be greater I think !

2 - box is in the middle
try to follow rule of 1/3

3 - clouds are totally white no texture

but still looking good

happy cl

Thank you all for advices I’ll do my best to improve it and I hope you’ll see this in “Finished projects” section.

Quick update on changes. Something else to improve??

Much better, sense of depth and composition greatly improved. To me, just the wires seem a bit too clean/new compared to the rest of the pole.

I agree with gabrielgga, much better! I just saw that the picture has been posted on blendernation :slight_smile:

I love this render. It just captures my mood very well.