Render Border options panel not showing

While modeling, etc. I often like to see a rendered view in 3D view window. But when I use “ctrl B” to drag-select an area to be rendered (instead of the whole scene), there is no option panel in the tools panel. There should be options to resize, select camera only, etc. It still renders only the part of the view I have selected, but in the tools panel, it just says “Set Render Border” with a down arrow, but nothing else. If I use “Ctrl Alt B”, the border is cleared, but the tool panel just shows “Clear Render Border”. Is this a known issue with Blender 2.77a?

What options are you expecting to see? There aren’t any so there is nothing to show for these operations

I just installed 2.78 and it’s the same.
Richard, I watched a tutorial about this, and there were options to change the border size, expanding the x or y scale, etc. as well as an option to change it to only the camera view when choosing “Rendered” as the 3D viewport shading. Here’s a screenshot of the Youtube video. It doesn’t show here, but right below the “Y max” slider is a checkbox for “Camera only”.

Hi, got some info from meta-androcto:

http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/26472/render-border-settings

But there is remedy, just in time:

Cheers, mib

same is happening to me… I have the Set Render Border and the arrow, but it’s totally blank… not sure how I lost it!