CG Animation Certification

Has anyone ever heard of any written tests that look good to future employers for modeling or animation positions?

Just some background, I am a high school 3d modeling/animation teacher who works in a technical school in Virginia. I just use Blender in my classroom. My principal is concerned about all the students having some sort of written test done for certification. I informed him that the demo reel is the best thing that the student can have but he wanted to me to ask.

Last year, I had to do something called the NOCTI test which turned out to be graphic design. That was fun…

So has anyone heard of any such certification tests?

I am getting a college degree in CG, and our exams are neither written or spoken conversations - we have an exam week where we go through a project - environment modeling/character modeling/texturing/rigging/compositing either separately or combined, showing that we can do what we need to in action.
Our teachers value our technical/professional/artistic rating in a weekly evaluation to our coordinator, but it does not actually amount to us getting a certification or anything, we get our school certificate no matter what after our bachelor projects…

I don’t know if any of this applies to high school students - but one thing is certain - employers do not care the least about certificates, they only want to see your showreel, no matter if you work VFX or stylized or whatever,

cheers

Thank you for your input!