How to go About Making Cylinder With Curved Bottom?

Blender noob here. I want to make a cylinder where the top surface has a flat face. The bottom surface of the cylinder will curve upwards on their sides, in a way that would make room for shoulders should a person place the cylinder over their head. Here’s an MS paint rendition of the desired mesh.

I’m having trouble implementing the curves - any ideas how to do this?

depends on the shape you want!

could use Boolean modifier between 2 cylinders !

happy bl

• Curve, convert to mesh
    [LIST]

• V to change handle type (free handles used), alt+C to convert to mesh

• Proportional editing, 2d projection

• Inverse square fallout type

• Boolean, LoopTools addon

• LoopTools addon comes with Blender. Space and circle functions used.

[/LIST]

There are other ways like adding a T-junction from Pipe Joints addon, deleting extra, and modifying the profile. Could also use shrinkwrap modifier to project vertices on two helper objects.

Or you can use a sphere, leave the bottom round and delete a loop from the top yo get the flat area.

For something like a mask, I’d use proportional edit while moving vertices on opposite sides. That allows you to put the cylinder in place and adjust it to fit.

Could you show an example of that, preferably with duplicated geometry/object for each step and the wireframe visible?

Thank you everyone, I hadn’t realized I received any responses :eek:
What I ended up doing is doing a boolean difference of this cylinder and another cylinder running perpendicular to the first cylinder. But I’ll give all your guys’ methods a try!