meaning of multiple color layers per vertex mean

What does multiple color layers per vertex mean?Does it make so we can more meshes per scene with a better framerate?:confused:

No,
multiple color layers for vertex can be used with nodes to drive mix factors or multipliers etc

they could also store data (like localized world position/10) or damage
(black= no damage, white =full damage?

its a place to stick data about each vertex.

What types of games can they be used in other than games where the character changes color when damaged?Are there any videogames that use multiple color layers per vertex that you know of?

splat mapping of terrain is a common usage I would imagine

(all terrain is the same tile used over and over with different vertex color maps. used to have blending between many textures like dirt, grass, mud, sand etc)

edit: if you are looking for better frames per second I think your old integrated intel gpu is your worst enemy at the moment

get something modern but on the low end of price.

I am not sure your old gpu can even handle instances

It just means you can have multiple vertex colours per vertex. Why would you want to do this?

Well, a single vertex colour can be used for:

• AO using vertex colours so you donโ€™t need extra images (Saves VRAM)
  • Texture mixing using vertex colors (eg this part of the mesh is water, this part is land)
  • To make parts of a mesh transparent when damaged
  • Per vertex texture distortion without tweaking UVโ€™s (not suggested, but may be useful in some odd cases)

And multiple layers means you can do them all at once

glsl shader can read vertex color data right?

you could maybe use these to tell things what to emit for a geometry shader,
(like snow or grass or lava etc) ?

or other shader driven effects*

It is very useful.Has anyone tested the framerate they get when using multiple color layers per vertex?I would like to know that.