Pixelated Model

I have moved oner to Blender 2.78 to work on my recent project and have been flummoxed with this problem for the past few days.
I have created a curved light shade in my scene but for some reason it has come out very strange in the render, pixelated, when in the preview render it looks ok . In investigating the problem i have done the below work-flow without any luck

• I have re modeled the object a few times just in case it at fault.
  • I have set the camera to focus on the object in question.
  • I have played with the F stop settings

The top image is of the final render and the bottom is the render preview, which has smoother curves

any advice would be welcome

Thanks
Iain

Please ALWAYS supply a simplified example .blend file with any support question.
Otherwise this turns into a tedious and possibly pointless guessing game.

Check if there is a Remesh modifier in “Block” mode on that mesh, which is disabled for the viewport (eye symbol) but active for the render (camera symbol).

The accused Blender file

I hope this link works, never used DropBox like this before

found your problem, its caused by the extreme location of the object,… hundreds of km’s of the center of blender.
it are such extreme vallues that your hitting some limmits, if you place it to center in the object properties enter 0,0,0 do same for camera
select lamp in outliiner hit . (move there) and reposition camera, then all renders ok.

people usually dont render at 719.40894 Km away.
If you think its a bug then you could post a bug report, but i think its easily solved at location more close to the center.
If your creating some extreme huge world for a animation, then bug report and explain so

Thanks for that Razorblade, I have never experienced that before. The reason for the location of the model was I used a cad plan as a template at the beginning of the project, will need to keep this in mind next time I import a plan.

Thanks again

Iain