Problem (bus-errors & invalid conversions) Compiling Blender on Armhf

Hello everyone,

I’ve been trying to compile Blender 2.78 on the Raspberry Pi 3B. Because I wanted to be able to render (the raspberry pi is very usable for a renderfarm) and to open the gui, (an opengl driver has been in development for some time).
I came across various problems that could be solved like: no sse and missing libraries, but now I came to compiling Open shading Language, I’m stuck. It gives an error about some integer that it tries to convert to some weird thing. It was compiling through cmake and with GNU CC 4.9.2 (both C and C++) and i got the following output:

Building OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3
Ensuring /opt/lib exists and is writable by us
ILMBASE_HOME=/opt/lib/openexr
-- The C compiler identification is GNU 4.9.2
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.9.2
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Project build dir = /root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/build
-- CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER is /usr/bin/c++
-- CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID is GNU
-- Setting Namespace to: 
-- platform = linux
-- Looking for include file pthread.h
-- Looking for include file pthread.h - found
-- Looking for pthread_create
-- Looking for pthread_create - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Partio not found
-- CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH = /opt/lib/osl-1.7.3/lib
-- Create oslversion.h from oslversion.h.in
-- Configuring done
CMake Warning (dev) at src/liboslexec/CMakeLists.txt:150 (ADD_DEPENDENCIES):
  Policy CMP0046 is not set: Error on non-existent dependency in
  add_dependencies.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0046" for policy details.
  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

The dependency target
  "/root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/src/liboslexec/liboslexec.map"
  of target "oslexec" does not exist.
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Generating done
CMake Warning:
  Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

ILMBASE_CUSTOM
    ILMBASE_CUSTOM_LIBRARIES

-- Build files have been written to: /root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/build
[  1%] [  2%] Scanning dependencies of target CopyFiles

[  9%] /root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/src/liboslcomp/oslgram.y: warning: 1 shift/reduce conflict [-Wconflicts-sr]
/root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/src/liboslcomp/oslgram.y: warning: 1 reduce/reduce conflict [-Wconflicts-rr]

/root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/src/liboslexec/../liboslcomp/oslgram.y: warning: 1 shift/reduce conflict [-Wconflicts-sr]
/root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/src/liboslexec/../liboslcomp/oslgram.y: warning: 1 reduce/reduce conflict [-Wconflicts-rr]

/opt/lib/oiio/lib/libOpenImageIO.so: undefined reference to `OpenImageIO::v1_6::CSHA1::Update(unsigned char const*, unsigned long)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
src/oslinfo/CMakeFiles/oslinfo.dir/build.make:103: recipe for target 'src/oslinfo/oslinfo' failed
make[2]: *** [src/oslinfo/oslinfo] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:360: recipe for target 'src/oslinfo/CMakeFiles/oslinfo.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/oslinfo/CMakeFiles/oslinfo.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

[ 75%] Building CXX object src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/__/liboslcomp/ast.cpp.o
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.9/vector:64:0,
                 from /opt/lib/boost/include/boost/detail/container_fwd.hpp:93,
                 from /opt/lib/boost/include/boost/functional/hash/extensions.hpp:22,
                 from /opt/lib/boost/include/boost/functional/hash/hash.hpp:560,
                 from /opt/lib/boost/include/boost/functional/hash.hpp:6,
                 from /opt/lib/boost/include/boost/unordered/unordered_map.hpp:19,
                 from /opt/lib/boost/include/boost/unordered_map.hpp:17,
                 from /root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/src/liboslexec/llvm_instance.cpp:31:
/usr/include/c++/4.9/bits/stl_vector.h: In instantiation of 'void std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::_M_initialize_dispatch(_Integer, _Integer, std::__true_type) [with _Integer = int; _Tp = llvm::Function*; _Alloc = std::allocator<llvm::Function*>]':
/usr/include/c++/4.9/bits/stl_vector.h:413:55:   required from 'std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::vector(_InputIterator, _InputIterator, const allocator_type&) [with _InputIterator = int; _Tp = llvm::Function*; _Alloc = std::allocator<llvm::Function*>; std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::allocator_type = std::allocator<llvm::Function*>]'
/root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/src/liboslexec/llvm_instance.cpp:1043:54:   required from here
/usr/include/c++/4.9/bits/stl_vector.h:1252:59: error: invalid conversion from 'int' to 'std::vector<llvm::Function*>::value_type {aka llvm::Function*}' [-fpermissive]
    _M_fill_initialize(static_cast<size_type>(__n), __value);
                                                           ^
/usr/include/c++/4.9/bits/stl_vector.h:1298:7: note: initializing argument 2 of 'void std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::_M_fill_initialize(std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::size_type, const value_type&) [with _Tp = llvm::Function*; _Alloc = std::allocator<llvm::Function*>; std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::size_type = unsigned int; std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::value_type = llvm::Function*]'
       _M_fill_initialize(size_type __n, const value_type& __value)
       ^
src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/build.make:800: recipe for target 'src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/llvm_instance.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/llvm_instance.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:210: recipe for target 'src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:137: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
ERROR! OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3 failed to compile, exiting

I had to cut some succesfully compiled things away, otherwise it would be too long.

I’m new to C, but it’s hard to believe that there is an error in the code of OpenShadingLanguage.
I tried it with boost 1.60 (self-compiled) and 1.62 (self-compiled), tried compiling LLVM myself and with OSL 1.7.3 and 1.7.4, but none of this gave a different output.

I wish somebody could help me, because I’m completely lost:confused:.

Greetings, Animajosser

Is it? With just 1 GB RAM per board you will run out of memory pretty fast, I’d guess.

Is it really cost, time and energy effective to put together a render farm that will only be able to render minuscule scenes? I tend to think that the idea for a render farm is to tackle the kind of scenes that are too massive for one machine to bear…

How many of those Raspberries do you need to match even one up to date desktop machine? 20? And even then you still have the memory issue.

Yea, you’re right at some points, but the power usage is that low that it’s worth a shot and it’s just fun to try. Only, I didn’t want to have a discussion about that here. I gave a reason why I wanted to compile it, but my problem is that I got that weird error, I don’t know how to solve.:frowning:

I managed to get different output by changing the OIIO version to 1.6.10, but it still doesn’t work.
I was able to compile it without OSL, although I had to switch OIIO to 1.6.10 also, otherwise Blender couldn’t compile. I uploaded it so everyone can use it: https://sourceforge.net/projects/blender-armv7-a/.
This is the output I got:

Building OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3
Ensuring /opt/lib exists and is writable by us
ILMBASE_HOME=/opt/lib/openexr
-- The C compiler identification is GNU 4.9.2
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.9.2
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Project build dir = /root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/build
-- CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER is /usr/bin/c++
-- CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID is GNU
-- Setting Namespace to: 
-- platform = linux
-- Looking for include file pthread.h
-- Looking for include file pthread.h - found
-- Looking for pthread_create
-- Looking for pthread_create - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Partio not found
-- CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH = /opt/lib/osl-1.7.3/lib
-- Create oslversion.h from oslversion.h.in
-- Configuring done
CMake Warning (dev) at src/liboslexec/CMakeLists.txt:150 (ADD_DEPENDENCIES):
  Policy CMP0046 is not set: Error on non-existent dependency in
  add_dependencies.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0046" for policy details.
  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

The dependency target
  "/root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/src/liboslexec/liboslexec.map"
  of target "oslexec" does not exist.
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Generating done
CMake Warning:
  Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

ILMBASE_CUSTOM
    ILMBASE_CUSTOM_LIBRARIES

-- Build files have been written to: /root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/build
[  1%] [  2%] Scanning dependencies of target CopyFiles
[  3%] Generating osolex.cpp
Generating osllex.cpp
[  5%] Generating llvm_ops.bc.cpp
Generating testsuite/runtest.py
[  6%] [  7%] [  7%] Built target CopyFiles
Generating oslgram.cpp
Generating osogram.cpp
[  9%] Generating osogram.cpp
/root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/src/liboslcomp/oslgram.y: warning: 1 shift/reduce conflict [-Wconflicts-sr]
/root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/src/liboslcomp/oslgram.y: warning: 1 reduce/reduce conflict [-Wconflicts-rr]
Scanning dependencies of target oslquery
[ 10%] Generating osolex.cpp
[ 11%] Generating oslgram.cpp
/root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/src/liboslexec/../liboslcomp/oslgram.y: warning: 1 shift/reduce conflict [-Wconflicts-sr]
/root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/src/liboslexec/../liboslcomp/oslgram.y: warning: 1 reduce/reduce conflict [-Wconflicts-rr]
Scanning dependencies of target oslcomp
[ 12%] Generating osllex.cpp
[ 14%] Building CXX object src/liboslquery/CMakeFiles/oslquery.dir/oslquery.cpp.o
[ 15%] Building CXX object src/liboslquery/CMakeFiles/oslquery.dir/querystub.cpp.o
[ 16%] Building CXX object src/liboslcomp/CMakeFiles/oslcomp.dir/ast.cpp.o
Scanning dependencies of target oslexec

[ 25%] Building CXX object src/liboslquery/CMakeFiles/oslquery.dir/osolex.cpp.o
Linking CXX shared library liboslquery.so
[ 27%] [ 27%] Building CXX object src/liboslcomp/CMakeFiles/oslcomp.dir/symtab.cpp.o
Built target oslquery
[ 28%] Building CXX object src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/dictionary.cpp.o
Scanning dependencies of target oslinfo
[ 29%] Building CXX object src/oslinfo/CMakeFiles/oslinfo.dir/oslinfo.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable oslinfo

[ 46%] Building CXX object src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/opnoise.cpp.o
Linking CXX shared library liboslcomp.so
[ 48%] Building CXX object src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/simplexnoise.cpp.o
[ 48%] Built target oslcomp
[ 49%] Building CXX object src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/gabornoise.cpp.o
Scanning dependencies of target oslc
[ 50%] Building CXX object src/oslc/CMakeFiles/oslc.dir/oslcmain.cpp.o
[ 51%] Building CXX object src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/opspline.cpp.o
[ 53%] Building CXX object src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/opstring.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable oslc
[ 53%] Built target oslc
[ 54%] Building CXX object src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/optexture.cpp.o
Scanning dependencies of target shaders
[ 55%] Generating stdosl.h
[ 57%] Generating oslutil.h
[ 58%] Generating metal.oso
Bus error
src/shaders/CMakeFiles/shaders.dir/build.make:54: recipe for target 'src/shaders/metal.oso' failed
make[2]: *** [src/shaders/metal.oso] Error 135
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:310: recipe for target 'src/shaders/CMakeFiles/shaders.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/shaders/CMakeFiles/shaders.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

[ 79%] Building CXX object src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/llvm_util.cpp.o
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.9/vector:64:0,
                 from /opt/lib/boost/include/boost/detail/container_fwd.hpp:93,
                 from /opt/lib/boost/include/boost/functional/hash/extensions.hpp:22,
                 from /opt/lib/boost/include/boost/functional/hash/hash.hpp:558,
                 from /opt/lib/boost/include/boost/functional/hash.hpp:6,
                 from /opt/lib/boost/include/boost/unordered/unordered_map.hpp:21,
                 from /opt/lib/boost/include/boost/unordered_map.hpp:17,
                 from /root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/src/liboslexec/llvm_instance.cpp:31:
/usr/include/c++/4.9/bits/stl_vector.h: In instantiation of 'void std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::_M_initialize_dispatch(_Integer, _Integer, std::__true_type) [with _Integer = int; _Tp = llvm::Function*; _Alloc = std::allocator<llvm::Function*>]':
/usr/include/c++/4.9/bits/stl_vector.h:413:55:   required from 'std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::vector(_InputIterator, _InputIterator, const allocator_type&) [with _InputIterator = int; _Tp = llvm::Function*; _Alloc = std::allocator<llvm::Function*>; std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::allocator_type = std::allocator<llvm::Function*>]'
/root/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3/src/liboslexec/llvm_instance.cpp:1043:54:   required from here
/usr/include/c++/4.9/bits/stl_vector.h:1252:59: error: invalid conversion from 'int' to 'std::vector<llvm::Function*>::value_type {aka llvm::Function*}' [-fpermissive]
    _M_fill_initialize(static_cast<size_type>(__n), __value);
                                                           ^
/usr/include/c++/4.9/bits/stl_vector.h:1298:7: note: initializing argument 2 of 'void std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::_M_fill_initialize(std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::size_type, const value_type&) [with _Tp = llvm::Function*; _Alloc = std::allocator<llvm::Function*>; std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::size_type = unsigned int; std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::value_type = llvm::Function*]'
       _M_fill_initialize(size_type __n, const value_type& __value)
       ^
src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/build.make:800: recipe for target 'src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/llvm_instance.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/llvm_instance.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:210: recipe for target 'src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/liboslexec/CMakeFiles/oslexec.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:137: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
ERROR! OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.3 failed to compile, exiting

I had to cut some succesfully compiled things, otherwise it would be too long.

It’s a pity I can’t get this to work, maybe someone of you knows what’s the problem.

Unfortunately I also get a bus-error while rendering the bmw27 benchmark with the self-compiled blender 2.78.
It’s preparing the render and when it is loading the shaders I also get a Bus-Error.
I hope someone knows what can be causing these errors, because I think I will have to do it with blender 2.72. Not very bad, but still I think it’s a pity.:frowning:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ Blender-2.78-linux-armhf/bin/blender -b /home/pi/benchmark/bmw27/bmw27_cpu.blend -f 0 -E CYCLES -F PNG
AL lib: (WW) alc_initconfig: Failed to initialize backend "pulse"
found bundled python: /home/pi/Blender-2.78-linux-armhf/bin/2.78/python
read blend: /home/pi/benchmark/bmw27/bmw27_cpu.blend
skipping driver '100*power', automatic scripts are disabled
skipping driver '90*brake', automatic scripts are disabled
skipping driver '-90*brake', automatic scripts are disabled
skipping driver '-100*power', automatic scripts are disabled
skipping driver '-90*brake', automatic scripts are disabled
skipping driver '100*power', automatic scripts are disabled
skipping driver '90*brake', automatic scripts are disabled
skipping driver '-100*power', automatic scripts are disabled
Fra:0 Mem:29.87M (11.87M, Peak 41.74M) | Time:00:00.04 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | carController
Fra:0 Mem:29.87M (11.87M, Peak 41.74M) | Time:00:00.04 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | carShell
Fra:0 Mem:44.25M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:04.92 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | plate
Fra:0 Mem:44.26M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:04.92 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | carShell.001
Fra:0 Mem:44.28M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:04.92 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | RoundelBack
Fra:0 Mem:44.88M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:04.95 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | RoundelFront
Fra:0 Mem:45.47M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:04.98 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | taillight
Fra:0 Mem:46.06M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.01 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | MStreak
Fra:0 Mem:46.31M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.03 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Window
Fra:0 Mem:46.65M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.06 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | exhaust
Fra:0 Mem:46.86M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.08 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | rearDiffuser
Fra:0 Mem:47.28M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.11 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | lightsLid
Fra:0 Mem:47.35M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.11 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Platform
Fra:0 Mem:47.36M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.11 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | lightsGlass
Fra:0 Mem:47.53M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.12 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | LowerIntake
Fra:0 Mem:47.99M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.13 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | lightsOutline
Fra:0 Mem:48.40M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.16 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | lowerIntake
Fra:0 Mem:48.63M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.18 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | kidneyBars
Fra:0 Mem:49.19M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.22 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | kidneyChrome
Fra:0 Mem:49.31M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.23 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Interior
Fra:0 Mem:49.94M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.28 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | trimming
Fra:0 Mem:50.29M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.31 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | lightsAngelEyes
Fra:0 Mem:50.81M (11.87M, Peak 64.89M) | Time:00:05.34 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | lightsReflector
Fra:0 Mem:51.65M (11.87M, Peak 65.91M) | Time:00:05.41 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | lightsInterior2
Fra:0 Mem:53.33M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.72 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | lightsBulb
Fra:0 Mem:53.34M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.72 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | lightsSeparator
Fra:0 Mem:53.48M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.73 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | lightsInterior
Fra:0 Mem:54.03M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.76 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | SideMirror
Fra:0 Mem:54.05M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.76 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Camera.005
Fra:0 Mem:54.05M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.76 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Camera.004
Fra:0 Mem:54.05M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.76 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Camera.003
Fra:0 Mem:54.05M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.76 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Camera.002
Fra:0 Mem:54.05M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.76 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Camera.001
Fra:0 Mem:54.05M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.76 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Light
Fra:0 Mem:54.05M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.77 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Floor
Fra:0 Mem:54.05M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.77 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Brake2
Fra:0 Mem:54.10M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.77 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Brake1
Fra:0 Mem:54.10M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.77 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Brake4
Fra:0 Mem:54.10M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.77 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Brake3
Fra:0 Mem:54.10M (11.87M, Peak 73.81M) | Time:00:05.77 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Tire4
Fra:0 Mem:63.22M (11.87M, Peak 87.06M) | Time:00:06.61 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Tire2
Fra:0 Mem:63.22M (11.87M, Peak 87.06M) | Time:00:06.61 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Tire1
Fra:0 Mem:63.22M (11.87M, Peak 87.06M) | Time:00:06.61 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Tire3
Fra:0 Mem:63.22M (11.87M, Peak 87.06M) | Time:00:06.61 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | 1M
Fra:0 Mem:63.22M (11.87M, Peak 87.06M) | Time:00:06.61 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Synchronizing object | Camera
Fra:0 Mem:63.22M (11.87M, Peak 87.06M) | Time:00:06.61 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Initializing
Fra:0 Mem:63.22M (11.87M, Peak 87.06M) | Time:00:06.61 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Loading render kernels (may take a few minutes the first time)
Fra:0 Mem:63.22M (11.87M, Peak 87.06M) | Time:00:06.61 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Waiting for render to start
Fra:0 Mem:63.22M (11.87M, Peak 87.06M) | Time:00:06.61 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Updating Scene
Fra:0 Mem:63.22M (11.87M, Peak 87.06M) | Time:00:06.61 | Mem:0.00M, Peak:0.00M | Scene, RenderLayer | Updating Shaders
Bus error

If you’re not a programmer (with too much time on your hands), don’t bother trying to compile for ARM - it’s not a supported platform.

The deprecated OpenGL features required for the GUI to run are not available on pretty much every ARM device, including the Raspberry Pi. There have been efforts underway for quite a while to move to modern OpenGL (it’s a 2.8 target), but even then it might not be compatible with the limited OpenGL support on common ARM GPUs.

Having said that, it should be possible to run the GUI through software emulation (using MESA), but that would be very slow.

As for your compilation errors: Some of these libraries (OSL, OIIO) depend on the latest C++ bullshit and your compiler is from 2014.

Regarding the “bus error”: It might be due to unaligned memory access, which can be different on x86. Again, if you’re not a programmer, that’s not something you’ll be able to fix.

Now, there is a pretty good developed OpenGL 2 Driver for the raspberry pi, but I wasn’t really going to use the GUI on the raspberry Pi. I merely wanted to render on it and it’s a pity I can’t get it to work properly. But I’m just a beginning programmer and 2.72 is compiled for ARM already, so I ain’t going to fix it. Although I got the GUI running, Python of course. But maybe I’ll try to use a newer version of gcc, later. Thanks for the tips, anyway.