[WNG2] Mountain Racer/ Endless Runner

An endless runner prototype made for the weekly nano game.
Took about 5 hours during two evenings.

Download the blend here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2zo6x914nvcp0ao/nano_game_2.zip

It does’t look like a natural highway. I know it’s a rush job, but there some obvious things there that needs to be fixed.

i think the intention of the weekly contest is not to actually make natural looking and playing games, but more a thing of trying game mechanics and some concepts… you would probably not find a non need fixed game in the WNC.

Going to the subject! Cool game! realy enjoyed playing it! Great great work for a 5 hrs game!

Yeah, it’s just a prototype.
If I developed the idea further I’d have to put some work in to the road sections.

I’d probably think about making a wipeout style racer, or turn them in to platforms and add a character to make it more of a normal endless runner game.

Most of the time was spent on coding and testing the concept.

I actually considered changing the assets to make this a mine cart ride mini level for one of my other games. Once you have a prototype you can use it to make other games easily.

Can i open the file from mediafire with 7zip.

Sure, it’s just a zip. You could probably open it with windows explorer if you’re using windows.

Pretty good for a nanogame.Like the skulls.If some of the skulls had fire on them it would look better.

Nice car model and camera movement. Looks like a good framework for a game.