Quick test of character crying (drops a tear)

Here is just a quick test of a character crying i did. The tear - is single particle. Also displaysement modifier and shape key were used do distort and animate the tear while its falling (my discovery, i didnt know that its possible). Can be improved but i didnt spend too much time on it.

A particle system? Why didn’t I think of that?

Yep. Its actually gives you more control. Firstly i tried rigid body with shrinkwrap modifier. But it didnt work at all. Then particle as a tear and face as a collision object worked really well. And also i was happy to discover that i can give a displacement modifier or a shape key to emitted particle to make it look like a real drop (you cannot see it but if i zoomed in you would see it displaced and distorted while falling). Also such things as damping stickiness or friction come in handy. + dynamic paint used (baked sequense of bw images)

You might want to make a tutorial for that.

How you guessed it?:slight_smile: I do want but i was waiting for somebody to ask me!

Ironicly, someone was looking for one yesterday when I was talking on the phone with someone.

Ok:) Yes i think i will make a tutorial soon. When it will be ready i will post it here.

Alright, sounds good to me.

will you post the tut on this thread??

Better to post it in the Tutorial Thread.

I’ll just say that it falls a bit too fast. You know it misses the dramatic inuendo of someone crying by falling so quickly. Looking forward for that tutorial :slight_smile: