No planar reflection in UPBGE?

I’ve been messing around with the real time reflections in UPBGE and mixing it with cycles nodes/textures as a separate material to get it to work, and it’s all going good except for reflections of flat surfaces. No matter setting the env map image settings to “flat” “planar” “from point of view of said flat object” and everything, it seems the reflections are still warped as if it is a cube or sphere. Thanks guys.

Which version of upbge? I think upbge have only cubemaps at the moment and planar reflections are not in the last stable version (0.1.0). But so far I know It will come in the future or with the next release.

Its a work in progress, maybe for 0.1.2, dont really know.

Who’s on the team that works on this? And is there a way to contribute to the progression of it? I assuming one way is to make improvements yourself using source code and then seeing if it can be put into the next release?

#upbgecoders on irc

also there is the git

sine up to watch the git, and you can see each commit in email as they happen

youle and tristan and lord loki and twisterGe and martinish are devs and Akira_san tests and builds etc.

they have bee great about adding things that make sense.

Please use the upbge forums for support questions on that fork.

it looks like the bge in 2.8 will be a version of the upbge fork + modern draw calls

Well currently they are possible using the cubemap feature, but its not as efficient. Simply put the cubemap probe on the other side of the reflection surface exactly opposite to the camera (you might have to do some parenting/coding to keep it there) and it’ll work.
Example:

But proper planar reflections should be implemented in the upcoming versions.