Blender crashes on RMB click... (Linux Mint)

Hello users!

I work in Linux Mint 17.2 and very often when I perform RMB-click (mouse or tablet pen) blender crashes. No error messages, no nothing.
It doesn’t depends on the workspace of Linux. I tried Gnome and Cinnamon. Result is the same - crash…
Does any body ever had the same problem?

I also am experiencing this issue and it looks like it’s not limited to just Linux. I’m on Windows 10 and whenever I use the button click with my pen tablet, Blender would crash. I came on here looking to see if anyone else was experiencing this and if there was a fix or if this would need to get reported as a bug. With that said, I do notice that this happens when I click away from blender to perhaps another program and try to go back to blender using the pen’s button.

Someone told me to change this option in User Preferences > System to something else (there’re only two options). And that was the solution )

I tried that Open GL thing you mentioned…doesn’t work. But at least now, blender doesn’t crash it just freezes and I have to shutdown blender through the task manager and re-open it to get it to work again. Which is not too far off from it crashing.

That’s strange… When you use mouse, result is the same? Maybe there’s a driver problem?

Did any of you report the problem? Crashes are always reportable.
By the way, if you are under Linux, make sure that the problem also occurs with official tar.bz2 downloaded from Blender site. Also you share with developers the crash report that you will find in /tmp folder

EDIT:
Wait, this is a 2016 thread !!!