UV Map Textures Different

I cut off the back of a head, split it in half, and then altered it with a mirror modifier. I deleted the modifier, copied and mirrored the half, and joined them. I have all my normals facing out. I was using a projection map, which got mirrored. It’s still mirrored on the whole model. I don’t know why it is, but I can live with that for now.

I have to create a UV map so I can import the model into Unreal. When I unwrap the head, only half shows in the UV editor, but the map is mirrored. I can get close to the projection with UV mapping, as shown in the texture preview.

However, the materials preview and rendered head are completely different. I can’t get the map to behave while adjusting it in material preview.

The rendered view doesn’t have repeated markings on the side and top, but it also looks like this. (Sorry, there’s a 3 pic limit here)

I have coordinates set to UV. I also have map set to UVMap.

Also, when I import this mess to unreal, the eyebrows come together to form a mustache in a completely new texture. I’ve had a pretty good result importing a simple object with a disjointed UV map. I mean the parts of the texture are scattered on the image and the faces were placed on them. The head’s image is pretty much what you see in the 1st pic.

I now know that the 2 halves of the model were on top of each other. I solved this by projecting from view. I also solved the changing textures issue by using Cycles Render. Now, I have my imaged packed, but it doesn’t export with the .fbx. There is no texture when I load the model into Unreal or back into Blender.

I don’t remember doing this for my only success, but I have to import the UV texture into Unreal and then drag it to the mesh. The mesh contains the UV mapping.