Low Poly World

Hi!

I’m brand new to blender (and 3d modeling… and this forum). This is essentially my first playing around

This is essentially my first playing around project- a low poly fantasy village. I have grand dreams of expanding this into a huge world, but right now it’s just a practice ground. Any critiques or suggested tutorials I should check out would be greatly appreciated. I’m presently obsessed with learning more about what Blender can do and anything I can do to improve my skills would be a huge plus.

one tip frm me. What you started is basically a layout of your world. This method is excellent to test your world and make fast and easy changes on the fly.

The low poly map is great when just want to get a feel for an area, try camera angles, and test things you have imagined and want to recreate.

Good luck with your project.

I think you could be a little more aggressive with the materials. I tend to think of low poly as brighter and more contrasting in the color scheme. Maybe get yourself some blockey clouds too :slight_smile: