Texture Painting of Rigged "Zombie" Characters

I’ve had awesome success with my last post here, fantastic talent on this forum!

This project I need help on is to create a variety of unique textures for the 2 models I currently have rigged for my Cryengine Game. I’m hoping that these 2 models can each have 3 different textures made that will look unique enough to not appear repetitive to the person playing the game.

I already have a few textures made already to use as a guide as to what artistic style I am looking for (see link to videos of the “zombie” characters in game" The game setting is in a rural part of the North-Eastern United States, during Fall time, so clothes like flanel, jeans, sweatshirts, hoodies, boots etc would work well. The “zombie” characters have been dead for weeks, some months or years, so they should look dirty, beat up, rotting skin with lots of scratches and dirty clothes. The more gaunt character has been dead longer so I’m trying to add bones and more rotting flesh for him.

I would also like normal maps, specular maps, occlusion etc. for the textures (i’m terrible at making them myself so I haven’t even attempted at the moment)

So in total, I’m interested in 6 unique full body textures w/normal maps, specular maps, and occlusion maps (3 for each 2 models).

Feel free to email me with any questions and how much you are interested in for completing this request at: [email protected]

Thank you for any interest!

-Andrew L.

Link to Vid of Current Characters in Game

Update 12/6

Hey guys, unfortunately the artist that was working on this project is no longer available due to commitments with his day job. We are now looking for someone to replace him ASAP

We were doing a working rate of 15-20$ per texture, however that is definitely negotiable based on the quality and difficulty of each texture created.

For this project I will give the 3D model of our rigged “zombie” character in a .blend file, and then I would be interested in having ~3 unique textures made for each “zombie” model I give.

I currently have 2 3D models rigged and ready to have 3 textures made for each FYI. I’m working on making more models that will be similar but will have some unique features such as different clothing styles, face shapes, arms missing, etc.

Hopefully these 2 pics below of the model I’m supplying and the end result in game better explain my request.

If you have any questions please contact me at [email protected]

Thank you!

Andrew L
Cull Dev Team Design Lead

Also wanted to add I strongly prefer if these were painted in Blender, it’s what I use for almost everything and also I do t want to worry about having licensing concerns for our commercial project

Sounds like a interesting task, I would like to give it a go.

Yeah its actually pretty fun! I like doing it myself but I need to focus on AI and Cryengine specific issues. Once I import the characters in game I like to send screenshots and videos of the zombies to help the 2D artist see how it looks during gameplay.

Feel free to shoot me an email with any questions and I can link you to the model and sample texture to help you get started if you are interested!

sent an email ^^