Looking for inspiration. Does ne1 have progression portfolio

I am an artist looking for a little inspiration. I’ve downloaded blender 2 times in the past and gotten frustrated that I wasn’t producing that good of work. Doea anybody have a video on youtube that has the progress you made from when you first started to now. I want to make films but i just think it will take me too long to get to an acceptable level of quality.

To me, it sounds like you think learning Blender is a linear progression of skill. For example, anybody can invest x time to be skilled enough to make/do/animate y. The truth is that Blender doesn’t work like that. Everyone learns Blender at a wide variety of different rates. Some people can learn Blender in a few months and create masterpieces while others can take years and not even be anywhere near as good.

The only thing you can do about it is to have the patience to keep trying and learn from your mistakes. Don’t worry about how fast or good other people work, try to focus on improving your own work. If you don’t have the patience to experiment and struggle with making things in Blender, then maybe you should reconsider your goal of making entire films.

started

current

another recent -

mind you I coded the two recent videos and did not do the art :smiley:
(one video is missing it’s textures anyway :P)

Try going to TurboSquid and recreate the models you like. I re-modeled this car I found on turbosquid

Not 3D but there is the ol’ MindCandyMan thread.

Video version: