Blender 2.78 Grease Pencil awesomeness...

Hello!

Would anybody be able to point me in the direction of a comprehensive guide to Blender 2.78’s grease pencil? I’m mainly concerned with applying it’s function to 2D animation (which, if you haven’t seen what it can do yet, holy crap. It’s amazing).

Before you answer, yes, I have checked out the manual. But unfortunately it doesn’t cover certain things, certain tricks (especially when it comes to producing lighting effects). I’m sure that, because it’s so new, there’s not a lot out there at this time. I’ve scoured Youtube and the webs, but can’t seem to find any solid instruction. Heck, I’m willing to pay for it. Again, if you haven’t seen the latest on the grease pencil’s capabilities, check out Daniel Martinez Lara (Pepeland), and be in awe. THAT’S the stuff I want to be doing. :slight_smile: I’d list URL’s to his work if I could, but I’m a newbie and can’t yet. :confused:

Thanks!
Pottsie

Unfortunately Martinez Lara (Pepeland) is the one and only current expert on the subject… so if you have seen his stuff then that’s about it for now…
however several people are expressing interest the new 2D grease pencil features including myself… but I just don’t think anyone has had time enough to experiment with it yet…

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, that’s kind of what I figured. I hope there’s something out soon. By the way, that’s a solid sketchbook you have there.

a Sketch book is great way to get people to seeing and commenting on your stuff…
the best way to get better is for people to see where you are at in your skill level …
then lissen to what they have to say about how to improve your stuff…

some comments you can’t use…
like if your a Cartoon guy and someone wants to push you into more Realistic work…
just say “No thanks” and move on…

however… even Cartoon work benefits when you go out and start sketching from realife stuff…

and visa versa… Real life depictions often do better if the Artist can ‘Cartoon out’ what he/she see’s in the Real Object…

but anywayz… I encourage you to do you up a sketch book and put some stuff up for us all to see…
the quickest way to grow as an Artist is to have a community of Artist that surround you for both encouragement and for Critical improvement…