Forgotten Gullwing

Here is my entry to Blend4Web Retro Car Contest - I went with “forgotten and dirty” path.
Still some quite a few things missing - details in the interior, wear&tear on wheels.

Screens from viewport - Blend4Web browser version should be 100% the same (I hope so…).

Good job! :eyebrowlift: And good luck at the contest!

I’d recommend trying to export it to b4w beforehand, from my experience something might go different from the viewport (depending on your shader’s characteristics), so it’ll help to save some time fixing the problem earlier.

Yeah, I know - that’s why I’d like to give myself at least couple days just for exporting.

Cool!
but in the contest limitation for textures is 1024 pixel

@zloy.tux
I’m perfectly aware of that :slight_smile:

I haven’t had that much time lately - some progress

First test B4W project:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7244434/gullwing.html

The interioir looks too clean in comparision to the outside, jars a bit. What about some dust and wear on the leather?

Yeah, I know - I’m not done yet :slight_smile:
I just wanted to be sure that I can export to B4W.

Loving the dirty look! Just more work and better renders. The direction is right.

Nice going, keep it up. Maybe tone down a bit on dirt & add some some dust, be more subtle.

Here’s small motivation & study material, if you’d like to stay true to original:

The 300 SL’s main body was steel, with aluminum hood, doors and trunk lid. It could also be ordered with an 80 kg (180 lb) saving all-aluminium outer skin at tremendous added cost; just 29 were made.” - wiki

- The restauration of the 300 SL Coupé Aluminium ‘Gullwing’

Not restored, interior and paint done in 1971…

great modell you´ve choosen!