Addon Tabs 1.4.5

The add-on replaces default Add-ons tab in User Preferences with configurable tabs of add-on preferences and restores horizontal User Preferences Section Bar in Blender 2.8+.

6 Likes

Oh god rhank youuuuu

I’m having some issues with this addon in 2.79. I just bought it and haven’t used it before so I’m a little unsure on how it’s supposed to work but i cant edit anything in the preferences(except the visible tabs slider). Is there a way to set it so Pie Menu Editor is show instead of another addon? The eye symbols do not change when i click them and I can’t drag items about. Tried just about everything i can think of but there’s no guide or documentation i can find on how to use this addon.

https://wiki.blender.org/uploads/d/d8/At1.1.0_rows.png

New features:

• Multi-row tab bar

Update instructions:

• Make sure you are using Blender 2.79+.
  • Open User Preferences (ctrl+alt+U). 

• Go to the Add-Ons tab. 

• Click 'Install from File' button, navigate to the file you downloaded and install it. 

• Restart Blender.

Please try new version.

This works a great deal better :slight_smile: Would love the ability to hide certain addons though as i have loads that don’t have any preferences. Thanks for the update! :slight_smile:

There is Remove Tab entry in the = menu:

Hey can this be updated for 2.8?

Yes, will upload the update tomorrow.

Fix for Add-on Tabs 1.1.1.
Adds Blender 2.8 support.
Install it as an add-on and restart Blender.

This has an error when activating. I’m using the build from yesterday, (Aug 02) I uninstalled completely and reinstalled.

addon_utils.py, line 351, in from . import(mudule_name)
init.py, line 15, in ImportError: cannot import name ‘property_utils’

That file is just a fix (a patch) for the addon.
Make sure that Addon Tabs 1.1.1 is installed and install the fix.
I don’t want to release it yet. Python API can be changed in Blender 2.8 Alpha.

I tried that and there where more errors for me… However this really isn’t that important at the moment. As you mentioned, things are still in flux. Don’t bother :slight_smile:

Add-on Tabs 1.3.0

What’s New:

• Blender 2.8 Beta Support
  • Horizontal Section Bar in User Preferences (Blender 2.8)

How to Update:

• Open User Preferences.
  • Go to the Add-Ons tab.
  • Click Install Add-on from File button, navigate to the file you downloaded and install it.
  • Restart Blender.

Addon Tabs doesn’t work in todays build.

More specifically addons don’t show in the editor window, and the prefs menu doesn’t work.

@fjg3d, thanks!
Will release the fix today.

1 Like

Add-on Tabs 1.3.1

What’s New:

• Blender 2.8 Beta Support

How to Update:

• Open User Preferences.
  • Go to the Add-Ons tab.
  • Click Install Add-on from File button, navigate to the file you downloaded and install it.
  • Restart Blender.
3 Likes

Hey Roaoao
If you turn off “show section bar” in Addon Tabs 1.31, then use the vertical tabs to switch sections, the info for each section is shifted down some distance.

Save user preferences and try to restart Blender. This should help.

hello it may be odd request
can we have an option to add keymap tab using addon tabs

Result :

when i find new tool that i find useful , i mostly bind it mostly in PME and i notice I switch back and forth between Keymap and pie menu editor disabling overlapping keys

another request would be this one to be able to hide this one

thank you