SoulLess City - horror game / walking simulator

Soul Less City is a surreal horror walking simulator where the end goal is not exactly clear. You have to explore the city and interact with what/who you see in order to figure out the purpose.

It was inspired by games such as:

• Silent Hill
  • The Witness
  • Imscared
  • SOMA
  • The Beginner’s Guide

This was a sort of zen side project, so it’s entirely done by myself (minus a public domain music piece or two). The game is created using the BGE alone; no add-ons or forks. I just have to say, I really love this engine!

I’ve been working on this game for a few months now, and I believe I finally have something I’m proud to show off. If I finish this it will be the first game project I’ve ever actually finished, so crossing fingers!

It’s fairly far into development - I’d say Alpha stage at the moment - but I plan to release it commercially, so I’m looking for any feedback or discussion that I can use to make the game better.

Some screenshots:

Wow are you using MAC ? Looks good so far man keep it up man.

Kind regards

One of my goals is to have this game perform well on all kinds of machines so I kept it very low poly.
I have some tricks for making the city look huge that I can share :slight_smile:

I’ll post tutorials at some point.

Here’s a screenshot of a new section in the game I’ve been working on:

Sky dome for an area in the game

More screens :slight_smile:

Wow, this looks really interesting, it kind of remind me of the game “Back in 1995”, but with Minecraft-esque graphics. Nice job and good luck!

Thanks Grezner!

I have indeed heard of back in 1995! Although the games form that era are an inspiration to me at the core, this specific game wasn’t inspired by those times. Maybe my next one will be?

Here are some more recent screenshots:

Hello again!

Yet more screenshots:

Very nice project and a good trailer too :slight_smile:

Wow really like the style of this game! Not many people actually finish a game in bge (including me) but i hope you get to finish yours! Good luck!

I like the Minecraft graphics textures it suits the game style. Congrats !!!

Thanks guys! The support is much appreciated :slight_smile:

Video of a sprite system experiment.
I was inspired by Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor. No scripting involved at all, however it’s a bit tedious to make so I may end up making a script for this.