Warehouse Low poly

I was cleaning my hard drive and I find an old un-finished project.
I bought this tutorial http://www.cgmasters.net/training-dvds/environment-modeling-and-texturing/
And, as always, I stopped my work at texturing stuff.
I began this tuto in 2011 and I want to finish it…

First I choose the place of my camera. Secondly I choose my ambiance lighting and finaly the textures and shaders.
I use Cycles that didn’t exist when I bought this tuto.
This scene is only low poly.

Now I’ll add some objects to fill a bit the scene.
Comments are always welcome :wink:

I definitely like this arrangement, but the lighting needs work: the rear portion of the warehouse is too dark.

For example: along the back wall (frame-left side), to the right of the two horizontal boards, is … “some kind of, what is it, a cloth?” … and the detail of the rafters is “lost in the gloom.” Likewise, my eye can’t make out what’s going on behind that Y-shaped post. And, so on.

A good simple rule-of-thumb for this sort of thing is to “pull a histogram” on even an OpenGL Previe. of the scene. It should be mostly a bell-shaped curve. Ansel Adams would have said that it should be “mostly in Zone 5,” surrounded by his “Zone 4” and “Zone 6,” but that you’re headed for trouble if other Zones are too predominant. In this case, the foreground is pleasingly and evenly lit, but the background is underexposed. This becomes particularly objectionable when "a nice, well-exposed front column, and the two also-nicely-exposed columns down the fence from it, stand in front of … murky, muddy darkness.

It occurs to me that “layer-specific lighting” might come in handy in a situation like this: lights that, through the Magic of CG, “shine upon” certain objects but not others.

Thanks a lot for this constructive comment.
I try to unterstand all:o
I didn’t know Ansel Adams… Google will be my friend and I go working on the lighting first;)

Exterior lighting with an HDRI and IBL

I Increase the relection of the water

I add a lamp in the back of the warehouse (Ithink I will remove the left front one).

I add portals at the windows blocks but I have light passing throught them.

The ground is less flat.

No post prod on this picture.