How to open a .mesh file in Blender?

I have downloaded a .mesh file but Blender doesn’t open it (it doesn’t list the file in the file browser since it isn’t an expected format). How I have to proceed?
Thanks

First you need to say what type of .mesh file. There are different engines that use a .mesh format but they are not the same as each other.
Have you googled blender .mesh import ?

Unfortunately I don’t know. It was written XNA file. I didn’t know that it was different because I’m a beginner.
I have googled it and found it the addon that I tried to active that import .raw files but it doesn’t work.

well where did you get this unknown " *.mesh"

is it a Microsoft Game studio mesh ?

Thanks, I have taken it from a ripped file from a videogame, here: link

install the plugin

and seeing as the image locations are hard coded to locations NOT in that rar file
you will need to re add the images and normal

PS
the "normal " maps are not made from a real heightmap or mesh

but are converted from the SHADED!!! textures
they are PSEUDO normalmaps

1 Like

Oh wow, thanks! I have posted this thread in this section because I though that it was simple and normal to open a .mesh file. I’m a beginner. :slight_smile:
It worked! 1000 thanks!
But, I’m not understanding in the PS… What this means? I’m only able to apply UV textures as usual. :confused:

The way I managed to import some Stellaris designs in to blender was pretty simple. Everywhere else I looked gave roundabout and overly complicated ways.

1: open google chrome
2: go to the chrome web store and look for the ‘jorodox’ extension.

3: After you install it, open it from your programs list (under chrome extensions on window 10)
4: Once open click ‘settings’ and ‘select mod directory’
5: Select the folder of the game or location of the model and open.
6: In Jorodox, select explore, find your model and click convert to collada (.dae)
7: save the collada.dae file and you should be able to import it into Blender and export as other formats.

1 Like

You could just download the XNALara (XPS?) tool and convert the model from there. It’s a fairly simple program to use. The plugin that dinne7 mentioned will also import a .xps file directly so if that is present, you can just try that one.

Hello, first of all sorry to talk in a 3 years-old forum; english isn’t my first language, and I struggle to understand what I did wrong.
I am trying too to open a .mesh file with blender. It came from a XNA site or something. I have a folder with several .tga, openable with PS, and a .mesh.
I downloaded the plugin as recommended, and put it with the blender files. I still can’t open it, tho : I don’t understand what was said about the maps and “pseudo normalmaps”?

I don’t know if the XNA import addon has been updated to work with the latest Blender version or not. You might be better off asking your question on an XNA website.

Hello! Thank you so much for your help! (Even 3 years later…) I’ve done what you said, but is taking quite too long for convert the file so I don’t know if I’m not doing it properly or it is just not working. Is there another way to open a mesh file or to convert it to another format like OBJ? Thanks a lot!