UPBGE logo designer help

Hello everyone,

With the recent works done in UPBGE, the team is looking for designers and artists for some tasks:
First, make a logo for UPBGE only dedicated to video demo or website. The theme is totally free, draw the best representation of what is a game engine for you and in particular the UPBGE, any try are welcome :slight_smile:

Second, help us to make a demo video. The demo will be more a performance show than a tutorial. @TwisterGE is already working on with a car scene, but the theme can be discuss and also the feature that you want to see in the demo. The most important features for you !

Any helps are welcome :slight_smile:

I am working on something that kinda falls into both -

btw - my bloom script is not working in upbge - do you have a upbge compatible bloom that is clampable?
this works in vanilla bge

uniform sampler2D bgl_RenderedTexture;

const float BRIGHT_PASS_THRESHOLD = 0.55;
const float BRIGHT_PASS_OFFSET = 0.01;

#define blurclamp 0.001
#define bias 10.8

#define KERNEL_SIZE 6.0

vec2 texcoord = vec2(gl_TexCoord[0]).st;

vec4 bright(vec2 coo)
{
    vec4 color = texture2D(bgl_RenderedTexture, coo);
    bool threshMult = 0.0;
    if (((color.r > 0.5) || (color.r == 0.0)) &&
        ((color.g > 0.5) || (color.g == 0.0)) &&
        ((color.b > 0.5) || (color.b == 0.0)))
    {
        threshMult = max(max(color.r, color.g), color.b);
    }

color = max(color - BRIGHT_PASS_THRESHOLD, 0.0) * threshMult;
    return color / (color + BRIGHT_PASS_OFFSET) * 5.0;
}

void main(void)
{
    vec2 blur = vec2(clamp( bias, -blurclamp, blurclamp ));

vec4 col = vec4( 0, 0, 0, 0 );
    for ( float x = -KERNEL_SIZE + 1.0; x < KERNEL_SIZE; x += 1.0 )
    {
    for ( float y = -KERNEL_SIZE + 1.0; y < KERNEL_SIZE; y += 1.0 )
    {
         col += bright( texcoord + vec2( blur.x * x, blur.y * y ) );
    }
    }
    col /= ((KERNEL_SIZE+KERNEL_SIZE)-1.0)*((KERNEL_SIZE+KERNEL_SIZE)-1.0);
    gl_FragColor = col + texture2D(bgl_RenderedTexture, texcoord);
}
1 Like

cool, its awesome

@BluePrintRandom: I don’t see what cause your issue, if you don’t find any solution, please open a github issue.

Logos WIP.
For me UPBGE is ''Extra Power and Possibilities for the BGE ‘’ to represent this I used blenders main logo and created multiple variables,the reason why i used the blender logo is because when people see the logo i want them to be able to relate that this Engine is part of the software Blender.

most of the logos are a simple and plain controller with a joystick ,this is to symbolise that UP BGE is not just BGE anymore but its an engine which can be used to create professional games ,ence why I used white to represent the future,not just for professional games but also UP BGE is an engine which peope can be creative and have fun with ,afterall UP BGE came to life due to the passion which the community has for the engine.
While the second logo ,down on the left was meant to represent a mascot face (was thinking that it would be cool for UP BGE to have a mascot .
[ATTACH=CONFIG]458611[/ATTACH]

Thank you very much @Fenice :slight_smile:

An other logo proposed was:

Second, help us to make a demo video. The demo will be more a performance show than a tutorial. @TwisterGE is already working on with a car scene, but the theme can be discuss and also the feature that you want to see in the demo. The most important features for you !

Keen. Will get onto making some tech-demos…

@Fenice +1 Nice logos. The four upper on the left and the two other logos on the top are my favorites. :smiley:

i could prove worthy for the tech demo, just give me a couple of weeks to make it good look… some high poly count at 60fps to show i have, yeah jajaja.

Wow, very good looking, the only thing i would change is the BGE letters from the left logos… looks kinda powerpointy jajaja compared to the rest of the logo wich is pretty cool.

ok some stupid questiom,
what are this logos for again,
because i mad a logo to represent the blender engine in my game, arcade tank

this was my logo

1 Like

Alf0, amazing blender spin-off logo!

I love it :slight_smile:

How about it fires up, starts reving and shaking,
and then time travel like in terminator (glowing sphere)
leaving behind a glowing crater, with the UPBge letters left glowing in it?
(like for a animated intro/icon like studios have)

#BlenderDude

[<b>BluePrintRandom</b>](https://blenderartists.org/forum/member.php?39204-BluePrintRandom) 

[B]

really ? i never though it might ,thank you for that

and this really sound awesome, to do,
[/B]

@Smoliterno, @sdfgeoff: Thank you a lot for your interest, any demo try are welcome. The final video will include them.

@alf0: our logo is very nice, maybe could you customize it to add some elements related to UPBGE, i don’t know, an arrow for the UP, a loop for the engine loop, a big U…

ohh now i see

Ok lets take this 3d and start some cycles edge wear and then maybe use a gradient on the eye to remove the glint,
and have a real time glint instead :smiley:

edit here is my current progress

Attachments

UPBgeIconStart_Game_Ready.blend (4.96 MB)

1 Like

wow, amazing real time rendering! great materials you got there! :o

Thanks!

here is what I have before bed :smiley:

1 Like

Here’s something I made a few years ago if it’s useful in any capacity. Comes with a .blend for rendering it.

Attachments

logo.blend (249 KB)