Hotel Room

Hi guys,
I was wondering if you could tell me what could I improve in my future projects :slight_smile:
P.S. First work in Cycles.

Hi there. I am quite new to this forum, this is my first post. As I specialize in interior design visualization this caught my eye.
I will try to give you feedback as best as I can, and I will have to be really negative sometimes - I hope you forgive me for that and do not take offense personally and I hope you find something useful in what I write.

I would recommend learning more about interior design. I am no interior designer myself but I work with them every day and there are really a lot of things here that would make any interior designer scream. It’s even too many I see for me to list. It’s a hard subject. The way I understand it’s best to look at examples of other interiors and try to think about all the little detail you can. Interior design is a whole serious art on it’s own. Interior designers work really hard and think about things that regular people do not. I think at least some training, experience or university degree is necessary only not to screw things up here. It’s perfectly understandable that even a good CG artist will not necessarily be able to do interior design well. There is definitely an issue here with the design itself that should be addressed. If you are interested in interior design - you need to learn more, if CG is your thing, I think you still need to address this issue. I think copying good interior design you see is not a bad idea while practicing, if your area is CG.

As talking about the visualization I think the thing that would improve things the most would be working in real scale. The doors and door handles are clearly unrealistic sizes. It is very easy to measure a door handle. It might be a good idea to look at real furniture as well - even if only to get an idea of what sizes they are. You can do some research and find real furniture manufacturers, the good expensive ones often have CAD drawings available for downloads or the dimensions written, often even 3d models that are never good enough for visualizations, but can be a good starting point from my experience. For example http://www.minotti.com/. But there are really a lot of them. You often have to register to get access - that’s a bit annoying, but often it’s free and automatic and fast.

You could go for ‘low poly’ kind of look that is quite popular and that would be OK, but if you are going for photo realistic look, I think the furniture could have more detail.

I think the materials could use some more work as well. I can see from the air conditioner’s material you are not using Fresnel or ‘physically based’ kind of shader. Learn about it and use it.

I am going to stop here. Because I am tired of typing :smiley:

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask. I’ll try to answer.

Thanks for critique :smiley: P.S. Actually this project was based on real interior.