[Add-on] DeformPro

DeformPro for Blender 2.8 is under development.

Gizmo test with surface constraints:
ezgif-1-510956881e54

2 Likes

Hi Alberto. This looks cool as always and I don’t mean to sound too negative here but I simply want to provide some constructive criticism.

Again, this addon looks really nice, as with all your other addons but my problem with all this is that you already have dozens of other unfinished addons or addon ideas that has not received any updates (or even a word) from you for months on end and it simply seems like you have abandoned them. This becomes problematic for me as a potential customer because visiting your threads, website and your Blender market it seems to me that the lifespan of your addons are usually 1-3 months before they stop receiving updates. The latest comments I read are usually requests for updates to the latest versions of Blender with no answer from you.
This is a big deal for customers. If we never know if the addon we bought will continue to be supported or dropped as your interest move on to the next tool then we lose our incentive to buy.

I hope I don’t come off as too harsh, this is simply my observations as I am interested to buy some of your addons. This was intended to show you my perspective so that if this is simply a matter of miscommunication it can be fixed so please don’t take it as an attack on your person.
Cheers.

Thanks, I’m glad you like my addons. As far as I know, I will continue to work on all WIP tools as well as updates at the time needed since I can’t possibly work on them all simultaneously. Especially because of work. I don’t intend in taking forever when it comes to updates. I know my customers, including yourself, will get the updates without doubt. I also don’t plan in rushing myself towards a buggy update as a result, so I like to take my time. I ask everyone to please be patient.

Thanks for the answer, that puts a lot of my worries to rest :slight_smile:

Wow! This looks great!

Great work!
When will this be released?

Looks like you’re running into depsgraph issues where hooks get out of sync with scene updates, which I’ve encountered before with certain rig setups. Have you tried running the tool with the new depsgraph enabled?

put up a new demo

I use the Lattice modifier quite often and I understand how tedious it can be using it. Looking forward to giving your add-on a whirl! I’ll pick this up on payday :slight_smile:

Hey, I’m trying ShapeShift and I encountered some problems with surface constrains.
When I use the generator on an object (in this case a sphere) and add a point/target, after I release mouse the button gives me this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\ShapeShiftPRO\ShapeShiftv1.py", line 151, in modal
    bpy.ops.mesh.primitive_uv_sphere_add(location=hit)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 189, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
ValueError: Converting py args to operator properties:  sequence expected at dimension 1, not 'int'

if I try further:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\ShapeShiftPRO\ShapeShiftv1.py", line 138, in modal
    hit = raycast(context, event, 1000.0, self.gr)
  File "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\ShapeShiftPRO\ShapeShiftv1.py", line 86, in raycast
    hit, normal, face_index = obj_ray_cast(obj, matrix)
  File "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\ShapeShiftPRO\ShapeShiftv1.py", line 75, in obj_ray_cast
    result, hit, normal, face_index= obj.ray_cast(ray_origin_obj, ray_target_obj)
RuntimeError: Error: Object 'Sphere' has no mesh data to be used for ray casting

Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

Hey Scigor, thanks for letting me know. I will fix the issue after work once i get a hold of My laptop, i forgoot to make sure recent API changes in Blender are fully supported

I notice you’re still getting some serious depsgraph fighting with your lattice mode. Have you tried this with the new depsgraph enabled yet? If it still fails with the new depsgraph this needs to be brought to the attention of the devs.

It’s actually the surface constraints that had an issue, but I have fixed & updated it.
I’ve sent emails to all who purchased, please make sure to update addon & thanks for your support (:

Here is the latest development of Shapeshift, have been working my way around advanced shapekeying & transfering. Surface deformation constraints will now be supporting shapekeys!

next: Morph target sliders(parameters)/manager & assign multiple shapekeys to it, allowing you to manipulate them at once.

Will the new shapekey morph target system be animatable?

This tool is really great:evilgrin:, is v2 on its way by any chance? Im looking forward to trying out the morph target system.
Thanks!

Very impressive!

@illumin@i

Thanks! Hope you enjoy.

Can you add support for vertex group dynamic lattice? That way instead of deforming the entire object, you can deform parts of it.

Hey Alberto, so I just reinstalled my OS and was trying to install Shapeshifter again, and while the add on says it’s enabled I don’t see it anywhere in my toolshelf and I’m not sure why not. Is this perhaps a problem with the newest version of Blender?

Also I was hoping you might be able to update us on the instant retopo tool. I preordered back in May and it was supposed to come out July 1st but the store page hasn’t changed at all and I can’t download anything new.