Miniature Planet

I’ve been working on and off, on this little project during the last one and a half month, and i’m finally getting quite satisfied with it. But there are still a few things I’d like your opinion on:

• It’s only a single tree duplicated in varying sizes, colours and rotations. Is it noticable should I make more tree models?
  • I use hair as grass, and I actually like this look, but would it make sense to try and make grass and weed models? which I’ve never done before, and I’m quite sure is pretty tedious.
  • Can you actually see it’s dirt with water on top, and not just dirt?
  • And last, do you like my edit?

Thank you in advance :wink:

Edited:

Unedited:

-There are two sun reflections due to the way Pro Lighting Skies work

1 Like

You could maybe make it more interesting by giving the water some more waves, but otherwise it looks very nice :slight_smile:

Hello uldsko

Here is a quik response to your points:

• Since you also have colorvariation in your model, I didn’t notice the duplication before I read your test.

• The simple particle gras give a stylized look to the scene, which isn’t a bad thing, and , I my oppinion, helps the scene in general.

• The dirt-water I don’t really indentify as such. It looks more like a giant shiny chestnut. as the reply above stated, some waves would help. I would like to see some objecs in the water, like some stones, and some leafes floating on top, because there is practically no information about the depth of the water, and I think that disturbes me a litte.

• I really like your edit, especially that it blurres and softens the leafes of the trees, so they seem to “glow” a bit. Which gives the scene a more fantasy touch. The original one looks too “sharp” to achieve this effect.

I could also see this scene with a little tiny athmosphere in space.

So aside from the water puddle, I like it!

Reminds me of this project I started, I like yours much more.

Blenderd: I see your point :slight_smile: I like your boat, and I really like your water material. Do you by any chance mind sharing the node setup?
But yes, have been inspired by people using spheres for showcasing different materials, textures and so forth.

Nicolas H: Thank you for your critique, positive as negative :slight_smile: The chestnut association is very fitting, and the idea with leaves and stones is great, I’ll get to work on that. Thank you :slight_smile:

Here is the node setup for the water, the attribute node is using a vertex paint mask that I painted at the edge of the water to fade the glossy material at the edge so it would be a smooth transition into the sand.