Radeon ProRender Blender integration ?

Hello,

Is Radeon ProRender/Radeon Rays integrated in Blender Cycles ? Apparently it’s effective…

ProRender is a render engine itself, you can’t just “integrate” it into Cycles. Maybe some bits of code could be re-used/ported, though.

It has been mentioned on the developer mailing list that AMD sponsered making it an addon render engine for Blender, but only for internal use (for now).

double post

Ok, I understand better now. I was thinking that it’s an instruction set extension.

could you please, add a question mark in your title? It make me think the integration has already been done

Qustion mark added. Sorry Oyster.

Hey, Radeon ProRender has already launched a beta build for Blender. They are providing it to those who want to test it.

I am hoping for better materials integration in the plugin.

Elias, there’s a ProRender thread that’s much bigger, but what do you mean by that? There’s a release next month that will have some material updates.

@BeerBaron, actually ProRender is kinda a few things, a render engine and a gpu ray tracing library similar to optix. So technically you can use the intersection library in Cycles…

Put it in cycles!

Radeon ProRender is based on a free open source intersection kernel called Radeon-rays, which in theory can be used by any license-compatible render engine. However, implementing these kind of libraries it is not easy and also they not always live up to their promises. Many times the biggest problem is that they are not easy to debug. Making something production ready takes years of true development loop work.