The Midnight Men: A Thriller

Hello, thanks for checking out my post. I really enjoying recording tutorials for some of the game development software that I use, such as blender; however, a real passion of mine is creating the games themselves. Right now, I’m designing a short, indie thriller experience and thought I’d document some of my progress in short videos that test programming, lightning, and general performance. Hope you guys enjoy.

If you think the progress so far is promising, I would really appreciate a star rating. Thank you, and look forward to posting more.

This has great potential. I’ve seen full commercial games that aren’t as promising as what you have. Keep up the great work.

It looks great!
It’s hard to make a 1st person game because it needs very high res textures to be viable.
In that case you may end up with quite low performance, unless you (a) reuse the textures a lot or (b) split your game in to many areas with area specific textures and libload them.

I appreciate the comments. I have a major update to present and here it is.

WOW, impressive, keep it up!

Looks interesting. :slight_smile:

Very impressive for BGE!
You might want to look into occluding to boost your performance where possible (e.g. rooms with closed doors).

Looks very cool so far! Keep it going! I feel like the player is a little bit too small, or the doors just feel huge. I don’t know which one it is, but I’m definitely looking forward to see more from this.