Live Action Clip Motion Tracking Issue - Bundles?

Hi

I’m trying to set a background and floor using the Movie Clip Editor type. I have tried it a few different ways:
For floor: Select two markers -> Reconstruction -> Set Scale
and
For scale: Select two (different) markers -> Reconstruction -> Set Floor

However, I am getting an error “Two tracks with bundles should be used to set scale”. What, exactly, is a bundle, and how do I make one? I cannot find an option for it in Blender. I have looked online and in various tutorials, but they do not help.

Please assist.

Thanks,
AerialBot

I don’t know which search engine you use, but the first answer in google for phrase “Two tracks with bundles should be used to set scale” answers what a bundle is and what is the problem.

Have you solved your scene? There is nothing to scale or orient if it is not solved.

Hi, AerialBot

I don’t know if you got an answer yet, but I’ve just had the same problem. I had put in my tracking points and “solved” the camera motion. Before I set the scale and the grid floor, I closed Blender. When I re-opened it and tried to set the scale and floor, I got the “Two tracks…” error message.

I selected all my markers and tracked them again (getting a slightly different solve error for some reason), and then solved the camera again. I was able to set the floor and the scale - no error message.

Maybe the camera solving and the setting of floor and scale has to be done in the same Blender session?

I hope this helps you!
topsailor

P.S. I think a “bundle” is a tracking marker combined with its track?

AerialBot

I finally figured it out! I think.

Instead of shift+right mouse button and selecting three of the markers, I selected four; Which, in turn, made three of the markers yellow and the fourth white. Then, I clicked Orientation -> Floor. Afterward, I didn’t need to select four markers to mark my walls, origin, etc.

Somehow, I made a bundle.

Thanks for the suggestions, topsailor and kesonmis.