Girl taking a shower

I want to know how could I improve my render all around from materials to composition [ATTACH=CONFIG]460254[/ATTACH]

I need some advices on how to improve this scene. What would you do? [ATTACH=CONFIG]460261[/ATTACH]

Hey!
You have some good elements here (I love the towel, it looks really good imo!), but there is a lot to improve on.

First of all, there just isn’t enough. Adding some more elements to the scene would make it better in my opinion. Maybe some lights on the wall, a railing like they have in some bathrooms, another towel, even a window? These are pretty stupid ideas, but I think adding more would improve the scene.
I feel like the character is rather blurry too. I know she is meant to be blurry, but perhaps you could make her slightly more visible?
Your lighting is fine, but rather bland. Try to make it a little brighter maybe.
The point where the wall and the glass meet looks unnatural. To me that is probably the most strikingly “wrong” thing in the scene. It looks too clean; look at the intersections of walls in bathrooms. They are generally at least a little dirty.

Anyway, keep going! This could be a really good scene.

Ha. why is there a tree bark inside a bathroom? A white painted wood is more fitting.

i see you’ve extend upon the blender guru towel tutorial, nice work. judging from the above you seem to know your way around blender rather well.

your best bet is checking out a book on photographic composition. till then… if i was forced to give feedback i’d probably say that the screen surface area commands too much of the eye. re-orientating the camera coupled with adding another element might help break this up. BUT! then you’d end up with another boring architectural render like everyone else.

…now to put all that to one side, this image looks charmingly odd and puts me in the mind of Thomas Demand’s work.

PS. looks more like a young boy then a girl

hi, well I like the glass texture and i don’t like it. i don’t know.
I like that I can’t really see the person. But I think if I could see a little tiny bit more of the outline of the person that could be nice. like a little bit curve on bottom or a chest shape or something. i don’t know. I really like that this isn’t a direct in your face picture and has a lot of mystique to it cause of that.

I think with 3d it is way too easy to show too much… and so i think that you have a lot hidden is somewhat nice.

Thanks for the commets, I feel the same way, I´ll try to show some more

Hey thanks for the comments, I´ll try to add some more elements I feel the same. The dirty at the intersections seems a pretty cool idea. I will improve this scene, thanks

Actually is a white and black texture. Any ideas to improve it?

Haha yeah actually, blender guru’s tutorials are really good. I always struggle with the composition. I also like the idea of avoid those typical architectural scenes. Thanks for the advices, really helped me :slight_smile:

I would try to make the figure more distinct rather than just a blob. it makes sense-ish but from an artistic pov its just kind of blegh, and it feel like negative space rater than a subject.