Lonely Kitchen

Hi everyone !
After some unfinished project I came to the conclusion of this “quick one” (couple of weeks in total).
Forgive the mistakes and flaws, I know I could’ve done better, but my time and ressources were limited. I really wanted to give this one an end before losing motivation, vision and putting it away…

The final render is done with Cycle, the post processing with Photoshop.

The idea was to create a kitchen from a city flat, a single person appartement. I wanted a oppressive kind of feel, a dark-ish ambiance. The most of it is here, the smaller details are missing, I imagined something a bit more furnished.

But anyway, I hope you like, I’d like your comments, critics and more.

Cheers !

Two clay renders :

I think it is a good work, the only pity I think is that I don’t smell the “lonely” feeling…

I’m usually in no position to critique works like this considering I have absolutely no experience with compositing or making any good looking scenes, but if I had to guess, I think one thing that could help with the dark and lonely feeling would be to make the light above the table cast a strong visible ray, or at least as much as you can realistically get away with.

Thanks for the comment !
Indeed the “lonely” feeling could’ve been pushed a bit more. I still have lots of techniques to learn :slight_smile:

I concur with increasing that “lonely” feel. It is not to clear from here whether you have already done it or not, but perhaps making it clear that it is raining outside/have to droplets on the window can help with setting that mood? The rest looks great though!

Are you levels designer for resident evil 7? On first photo almost same kitchen

Like it a lot.
So different from the usual clean and modern archviz work.
If I get what you say about the mood, you could cut the room in half and show an alley outside the window.
Now it looks like a comfortably sized family kitchen with a great view.
This would make it more 1 person and claustrophobic.

Thank you for your feedbacks !
@Yanforest : no unfortunately I am not ^^ But I will take that as a compliment :slight_smile:

@Sumac : i’ll agree that thr “mood” wasn’t pushed too far, and it could’ve been better, I had just spend too much time on the modeling and I didn’t have the guts to go all the way, my bad… But thank you very much for your comment, it means a lot !

You guys can check my latest project if you’d like :smiley: