Substance Painter visible UV seams

Hello, There are uv seams on my model. How can I get rid of that.

Here is the project file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bygudki__0dBNTJaWVZtUEFaVTQ/view?usp=sharing
I have post this same topic on substance forum and polycount. sill no luck.
I have checked the textures using cycles render and it looks the same. Is this some kind of error in my model(obj file is in the above link) that can be fixed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, did you ever find a solution for this issue in Substance Painter? Got the same problem and it’s sending me insane!

Before anything else, try the exported maps in another rendering engine, to see if the seams are visable in the exported maps, i say this because i found this quote online -

“Also by talking with one of the dev he told me that the preview in the viewport can be misleading and that should test with exported map instead. The padding that we generate in the viewport of painter is using a quick algorithm than doesn’t give the same quality as the one during the export process.”

Have you tried snapping your UV’s to pixels in blenders UV editor? select all UVs and press Shift+S and select the option “Selected to pixels”.

Best to make sure you snap the UVs on an image of the same resolution of that you will be painting on in substance… so if your maps are 2048*2048 in substance, create a new texture of that size in the UV editor, then snap the selection.

This may or may not solve the issue, i have seam problems in substance A LOT, this method ensures that all faces match exactly with pixels, reducing the risk of noticable seams.

Also though, i find that the visable seams are usually caused by normal maps, as i think substance has a bug to do with Mikk-Tspace normals (I remember reading something about that issue a little while ago)

I also notice a lot of the materials dont have a seamless transition accross UV islands, even when im using Tri-Planar projection mode. Making seams much more visable, even from a distance.

If all else fails, all i can suggest is maybe trying to set up a new UV map, with seams in areas of the mesh that will be less visable.

edit: also look at this thread - https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=5397.0

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I have tested using blender cycles and looks the same. I tried snapping uvs to pixels but it didn’t worked. Hope they will have a fix for this soon.

Best Regards,
Srinath