Particles: Intersection with collision object

Hello,

In a closed room I have several Spheres jumping around. This was done via a Particle System. The room is set as collision.
However the spheres (particles) are intersecting with the room when they are bouncing off the floor. Is it possible to change this
so that the sphere bounces when its surface is touching the ground? Or do I have to use rigid bodies?

Here a simple example blendfile to show you what i mean:
ParticleCollision.blend (586 KB)

I’m not expert, but maybe if you thick “Size deflect” it should be better no ? (I’ve find it by trials and errors)

Thanks, this worked. However it first didn’t work with my original scene. It took me a long time to figure out why. The UV-Sphere must not be scaled. Otherwise “Size Deflect” wont work as expected since there were still intersections. I had to set the Dimensions of the sphere back to (2,2,2). If you want to change the size of the sphere it should be only done with size option in the particle system. I dont understand why it is like that, but this is how it works.
Thanks a lot.

(If someone can explain me why it is like that I would be happy but for now im glad as well)