Video Editor - Importing cuts half movie

Hi

I have recorded a video, which is saved as a mp4 format, 30 fps.
When i import this video into Blender, it cuts off half of the video which then doesn’t get imported.

I have tried beforehand to set the “Render Presets” to 30 fps and importing the file, which only differs from importing while set as 60 fps, by that the video strip is now matching the length of the audio strip, but still with half of the movie itself being removed, as in it just seem to be stretching the movie.

I have tried importing under both solutions with “Use movie framerate” both enabled and disabled.

Any idea on what might be wrong.

When watching the movie outside of Blender, is plays through as it should.

If you manually change the length of the strip, its empty? The whole clip is not included?

Nope. Any length change beyond the imported is just empty. Even if i after import change fps settings, or reload imported.

same problem here, the strip is cut

same problem can anyone fix this it is anoying as hell

double post

What sort of length (in time) is the video? If I import a 30 minute video into Blender sMovie clip editor, I have no trouble at all. I can also apply it as a texture to an image plane.

It could be that the media has a variable frame rate that Blender cannot read correctly (especially if its a game screen cast). Try converting the media in an external app to a codec that is Blender friendly.

I must admit, my videos have a set frame rate.

Which codec do you use?