Pie Menu (Disable quick flick)

Hey guys, I want to disable the feature in the “Pie Menus Official” addon, where once the pie menu opens if you flick your mouse it selects that option based on the flick angle, it’s called “no-click” in the documentation.

To clarify I want it to behave so when i open the pie menu i can move my mouse as much as I want without it dismissing the pie.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I believe this should do it:

That’s how I have mine set up, but if you are moving the mouse at the time of opening the pie (even just a fraction), it either dismisses the menu or selects an option by from the gesture.
I was hoping to remove it completely from the pie addon.

Basically i have my main pie mapped to my thumb button on my mouse, and the slightest nudge of the mouse selects an option.

Hi, Way2Close.
Sorry, maybe I misunderstood you last time. How you want to use the pie menu?
A:

1. press and hold thumb button to open pie menu
  2. move mouse
  3. release thumb button to select the option and dismiss the pie menu

B:

1. press and release (click) thumb button to open pie menu
  2. move mouse
  3. click thumb button to select the option and dismiss the pie menu

Press and release thumb button to open the menu (thumb button emulates an F1 click)
move mouse
left mouse click to select option

:slight_smile:

If you increase the threshold in the pie settings, that might help. Are you on a hidpi display? The default setting of 12 pixels is pretty tight for those displays.

Still doesn’t work :frowning:

This is what is happening, any mouse drift while opening the pie dismisses it:

It really slows down my workflow.

really? not even if you max it out?

Even at 1000 lol

I’ve found a way to disable the flick - restoring mouse position while the hotkey is pressed using Wndow.cursor_warp.
Will implement it in the next version of pie menu editor.

Thank you so much, I will buy it again if you do :slight_smile: