BGMC22: Vote Now

Please note that Undertow will be penalized 5% of their marks for exceeding the file size restrictions by 9mb.

Judges and Voting:

The community vote has been suspended. The discussion on this can be seen in pages 2, 3 and 4. As a result, the judging of this contest now falls solely onto the three judges

We are privileged to have as our Judges:
https://blenderartists.org/forum/customavatars/thumbs/avatar16964_1.gifhttps://blenderartists.org/forum/customavatars/thumbs/avatar22518_2.gif

Monster:
Our friendly forum moderator and a BGE user for many years. He is one of the most helpful people on the forums and blender stackexchange.
Martinsh: The shader king of BGE. He has provided the community with many fantastic resources.
Haidme: One of the BGE users who’s got games published! He’s got Krum and Tomato Jones on steam.

The judges votes will give 50% of each game’s score. The communities votes will count for the other 50%
Your game will be scored on:

• Gameplay Experience (50%)
  • Graphical Quality (25%)
  • Sound Design (15%)
  • Theme Adherance (10%)

EDIT: The judges will now provide all of the scoring for the contest.

Prize Pool:

• Blend4Web is donating $150 USD and 15% discount on Blend4Web PRO, no matter whether the winner uses Blend4Web or another engine.
  • Currently up for grabs is (from me) $100 USD
  • And of course, the winner organises the next contest.

Rules:

Late Entries: Entries past the closing timer will be penalized 20% of their score per day
Game Engines: Any engine integrated into blender is allowed. This list includes BGE, UPBGE, Blend4Web, Armoury. It does not include Unity, Unreal etc.
Premade Assets: Go for it! It has to be publicly available (not paid) before the start date of the contest.
Project Files: All files must be made open-source on/before the close date. This is all scripts, assets, blendfiles etc. If you’re not using BGE or UPBGE, you may want to provide a way for people to play your game.
File Size: Your game must be under 30mb in size.

***It is likely I’ve forgotten to mention something, so if you’re confused, ask a question in this thread.

A Prize pool implies multiple placings.
Is there a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, prize or winner takes all?

Depending on how many more prizes I can rustle over the next few days, I may decide to spread it out. Currently it’s winner takes all.

ooh i’m gonna win this

Sounds fun, I hope to join the party.

:yes:woooohoooo been waiting for this for a long long time. time to go start prepping up a concept:yes:

Gives me a throwback nostalgia when bge used to have big month contest with prizes and the games were fantastic ,good luck everyone

So we are going to be jugged on sound design, Does that mean we have to make all the sounds?

Why can’t we start today? Today is Saturday and I do most of my game development over the weekend.
I don’t wanna wait 21 hours to start.

No that’s unfair, We have year-end exams!!.. dramatic music NOOOOOOOO!

So we are going to be jugged on sound design, Does that mean we have to make all the sounds?

Bear in mind that it’s only worth 10%
You do not need to make all the sounds, any CC licensed sounds are allowed (as per other assets). This is here to try encourage people to use sounds. Most games for the BGMC have not had any sounds and I think it means they’re missing a lot.

Why can’t we start today? Today is Saturday and I do most of my game development over the weekend.
I don’t wanna wait 21 hours to start.

You will have both this week and next weekend to make your game. This is just to make sure that everyone knows the theme before they have to start developing. It’s pretty much a two-day buffer for people who don’t browse this forum regularly.

No that’s unfair, We have year-end exams!!.. dramatic music NOOOOOOOO!

Ahh, oops. I’m not suggesting you slack off, but, well, maybe you need some breaks from study…?!

Start developing your game

You will have both this week and next weekend to make your game. This is just to make sure that everyone knows the theme before they have to start developing. It’s pretty much a two-day buffer for people who don’t browse this forum regularly.

According to the timer, the deadline is on Saturday (the 26th). Since we started on Monday (the 21st), that’s only five days…
Is this correct? I was under the impression we had a full seven.

According to me the timer still has another 4 days - ie thursday, friday, saturday, sunday.
Ahh, but I’m GMT+12. I’ve pushed it back another day.

Are teams allowed?

Yup, teams are allowed.

Thanks!

By the way, do external libraries count towards the 30MB limit?
For instance, I’d like to use a more recent version of the audaspace library. Unfortunately, the windows version must include all of its dependencies, making the windows build of the library alone come out to a whopping 50MB :frowning:

For comparison, the dynamically linked linux version is 2MB.

They do not include external libraries. Otherwise every BGE user is already over! This rule is just aiming to stop people using 2048x2048 textures for everything and including CD’s of their favourite band as music. So for BGE users, this is the blend file size.

thank you for UPbge~~!!!

Just over 24 hours remaining. Get those games in.