Iron Man

Hi guys, just started working on a new project, Iron Man :slight_smile:

This is definitely the hardest model I’ve ever attempted and I am going to learn a lot from it.

I have just about finished the helmet. Here is a quick render and some wireframes (please click the images to view them in full. I am having problems with this :p)

Not sure why this has no replies! Modelling looks pretty solid so far, clean topology etc…Front-on render isn’t always the best for showing off models tho. Much prefer the 3/4 view like in your first wireframe screenshot. Great Start! :smiley:

Looks like you’ve learned quite a bit as it is.

If I only have one gripe, it’s this: Maybe there’s just a little too much in the way of scratches. Or more specifically, it might look more believable with the scratches concentrated around the leading edges. Nothing wrong with a few on the wider surfaces. But in general leading edges tend to take the brunt of everyday wear and tear.

At the moment it gives the impression of a regular pattern.

But other than that, if you keep going with the same construction you’ve used so far, the rest of it will turn out great.

I’d agree with Peter18 about a 3/4 view for display. It’s more visually appealing, and gives the viewer a good idea of the overall shape.

Thanks guys :slight_smile: I switched out the render for a 3/4 view.

@Macser: regarding the scratches, I plan to put a lot more work into them when I am done modelling. It’s just a preview material.

Here’s an update: front torso plates done

Looking great so far. The reference seems to have helped quite a bit. :slight_smile: