What went wrong?

Hi, I started working with Blender a few weeks ago. Purchased a book, a learning DVD and watched many videos online. However, I have experience working with CAD programs, which has already made me easier to get started with Blender.

But unfortunately my current project is showing errors. Regarding one of my older drawings, I started with a cube, shared it, and applied the mirror modifier and began to mold the model. Darker fragments appeared in the area of ​​the forehead and the head plate, and I used the subdivision modifier.

The effect, however, only appears in the view of the object mode and thought that after the completion of the model the click on Apply fixes the error. False thought, even in the sculpting mode the fragments are still there.

Is there a way to eliminate the fragments, or can I simply form the model as far as I go to Retopology, hoping not to get the same error again? Or can I simply ignore the error because it has no effect at the end of the later rendering?

The darker areas are faces that have inverted face normals.
You can recalculate normals by selecting faces and Ctrl+N
You can flip selected faces with W / Flip Normals
If you see flipped normals you really should try and fix them before you carry out further modelling

OMG it works, BIG BIG BBBBBBBIIIIIIIGGGGGG THANKS Richard. And I just need to press A and then CTRL + N. All surfaces that are not affected remain in the same state and I do not have to restart in sculpture mode. At least it looks like this.

Very cool model my friend! Look forward to see what it looks like as a finished project!

Thanks, but I canceled the project. Do not know how long. There were new fragments in the sculpture mode. Try to develop a new model through a hopefully better teaching video. Here for insight, the last state of the model.

New Video Tutorial is really helpfull. The secret is - using the shift key. Hope to can show something next time.