Flock of birds

Hi everyone!

I am planning an animation where I need to animate a flock of birds moving around a room, and at one point they will lift and fly out a window.
I have done some basic modelling/rigging (mostly in Max) and realise that this could become kind of complicated. So I’m hoping to get some pointers, from someone here who’s more experienced than me :slight_smile:

Some of the questions I have are

The level of detail when modelling the flock of birds. I’m working on Macbook pro, and think there might be some restrictions, in how much the computer can handle. There will also be a detailed model of a mechanic wing, and a lot of other geometry.

This is the first time I will model something organic for animation. So yeah, any thoughts on where to start, and what kind of problems I could run into, would be greatly appreciated!

dont worry about the level of detail, as long as u got enough ram it should be fine. 16GB is preferable, but 8 will work fine.

now where to start, id do sculpting. find a ton of reference of the birds you want, sculpt it, and do some research on how to use blender for retopo. you can go faily high detail wihtout choking your computer.

Thanks finalbarrage, that gave me some peace of mind :slight_smile: