Rail-Mounted SciFi Gatling

A SciFi Gatling I made to improve my hard surface skills a bit. My aim was to mix different techniques and find out what works best in which situation.

Wow. Top notch modeling. Congrats.

Looks great! Really nice details! The colors look very good too!

Really nice work. I love the colour scheme and materials you’ve used. Awesome details, well done

Cool looking models!!!

Very great modeling and design!

Hi,

very cool. One little thing I would like to see: Some scratches and/or rust on the yellow metal. It is a little bit to tidy in my opinion.

Nice concept.
What does it shoot exactly ???

I love it! Really nice materials, could you please post some pictures of your node setups?

@carstenj: You’re right. I had made a dirtier version but lost the node setup unfortunately.
@CG-Predator: I imagined hot plasma that is stored in the large central barrel. The pipes leading to the top are fueling the movement as well.
@CGI-Visuals: Here you go:

The node setup is rather simple, the complex part is done by the Unreal Engine 4 Shader node setup by Malte Szellas.

The design is unpractical - unless good looks is all you were going for.

Rotating chains are on the way of the gun barrels - rather shift the sprockets to the sides and attach the guns the actual barrel.

I would also suggest adding Drag-Chain Wire Carrier along the rail that will allow constant supply of plasma. That plasma - barrel is too small - for prolonged defence anyway.

There are few more things that could be changed, but once again _ I don’t know if design was purely for display.

I really like your modelling though. Clean.

Take care

Totally awesome work, the idea, the modeling, texturing and rendering are amazing.

This is awesome! Great job!