BGMC 22 | Terminus North

Terminus North is an exploration game that uses the BGE’s 3D sound functions as a main gameplay element. There are also a few horror elements thrown into the mix to keep things interesting.

.Blend download (REQUIRES UPBGE 0.0.9+):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Ig4iL4xDaLVGRmbEVOUjFPejA

Controls: WASD - Move, E - Interact, Shift - Sprint,

Wow, looks interesting, I’m going to play it tomorrow. The graphics look somewhere between the game “Journey” and “The moon Sliver”. Minimalist graphics can be very awesome. :slight_smile:

I actually took a bit of inspiration from journey for some of the structures so it’s funny you mention that haha! Tell me how it goes :slight_smile:

I scare easily… thus I hate this game. Nah it’s really good, and I will definitely be getting a few of my friends to play this! :slight_smile:

Your reaction to the first scare is priceless xD. Thanks for the kind words!

For some reason sound doesn’t seem to be working for me in UPBGE 0.1.2.

Output:

Blender Game Engine Started
Error: Game Controller index 0: Could not be initialized
Please, generate Xbox360 compatible mapping using antimicro or Steam big mode application
and after set, the SDL controller variable before you launch the executable, i.e:
export SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG="[the string you received from controllermap]"
Error: invalid GLSL sources
Warning: (Player.001), character motion enabled on non-character object, falling back to simple motion.
Warning: (Player.001), character motion enabled on non-character object, falling back to simple motion.

That’s bizarre, Try running it on 0.0.9b that’s the version I ran it on, worked fine.

Edit: the errors don’t have anything to do with sound, so I’m perplexed about what’s causing it. is it only in my game or others too?

@gandalf3:
If you compiled it yourself, you need to enable the “WITH_FFMPEG” build flag for sound to work.

terribly underrated game in the BGMC. I really loved it! Great job!