Lillian

Back to wip!

(EDIT) Last version:

It was supposed to be a tweak of a previous, supposedly finished project, but I ended up changing most of it. This was the old:

Made in Blender internal and Gimp.
The skin is hand painted in Gimp, bump-color-specular. The bumpmap is for pores and small wrinkles
The eyes are a mix of painting and photograph.
Clothes are a mix of modeling cloth simulation and sculpting.
The jewel is placed with physics, it’s a rigid body chain.
Eyelashes and eyebrows are recycled and re-adapted from an old model. They come from single meshes placed as “object particles” and then converted back to meshes, then manually tweaked.

And let me say that Blendergrid is a blessing! this would not exist without it.

Lovely! really lovely! her expression is so peacefully. she is a sweat young woman, (become she is so round in every place)

Thanks Tonatiuh! Probably not the most creative of concepts (the cute, flawless girl… has been done by endless artists and much better than me) but I’m glad you loved it :slight_smile:

Well maybe it is not the first time! but it is very good! no one creates anything, it is just an evolution of what you know and what you learn or copy from others, there is nothing wrong in that.
In case you still are improving her, the nose can be a little more realistic, the part where the nose becomes lip, is to flat, look to noses in side view, you will see the difference.

You mean the dip between lips and nose? Yes, that doesn’t convince me neither. Thanks for the hint!
By the way, the link to the high-res version wasn’t working, I have fixed it.

I just realized that the triangle hole behind the clavicle is missing, so it seems flat.
Also for the nose, maybe this helps I did it for one person in this forum that has a similar problem (don’t worry about the eye, yours is so well done!!!):

Attachments

That’s the mistakes!
After a while, when you work on a model, you start to fail seeing things… you sense “something is wrong” but you really can’t tell what it is exactly. Thanks for taking your time to help :slight_smile: much, much appreciated!

She’s lovely. I think I prefer the third version, where she’s looking at us.

Hi Itza, thanks! I too prefer the third version, but I noticed it had a strange hard shadow on the chin after getting the full resolution render from Blendergrid, so I put the other as main render instead of fixing and sending the file back to the renderfarm.
However, this is going back to wip, so I will have to re-use the renderfarm and this time I will use the third view as final.

I’ve already started changing the features and topology of the low resolution version (the Sketchfab one) then I will copy the base mesh to the hi-res blend file, then re-adapt the wig, clothes and lashes on it. And I am now using a reference for the collar bone and the shoulders.

By the way can this thread be moved to the Wip section in some way? Instead of creating a new one.

It is so nice to see that you will keep working on her.

Looks great! Thanks for using blendergrid for the rendering :slight_smile: I’m glad it helped you out.

[ Original Reply has been Edited ]

Tonatiuh: your feedback is of great help! Thanks for helping!
Richardvdoost: I’m glad you like it! Without Blendergrid, my laptop would have melted :smiley:
Loren Lemon: thanks! Yes, the tip is very useful… made me realize that by skipping the reference-anatomy thing, I’ve made a lot of mistakes (and lost a lot of time trying to fix that “something wrong” without realizing what it was.

And, speaking of “something wrong”… that damn ear. I can’t rely on hiding it under the wig :rolleyes: I need to face the problem (I hate modelling the ear…).

Well, actually… a lot was wrong. The old model is in front of the other. The reference I’m finally using for the head is good old Andrew Loomis. The ear in the screenshot is from Grey’s anatomy which is public domain.

You really fixed the nose. About the ear… well it is not ease to do, but it is not difficult either, just do it! hehe. Just remember that the ear is like 15º inclind back.
I think you have to reshape the top of the skull to the way it was, because now the 1/3 anterior part is to high, normaly the higher part of the skull is in line with the ear.
You probably have to much facial inclination (facial angle) for the ethnic group you are going for. (angle from the Glabela to the part were the nose become lip, or the teeth) Or maybe not, but it changed from the first to the second, so maybe you didn’t realize the change.

I’m back to studying anatomy :slight_smile: especially of the ear…
Tonatiuh: thanks for all the hints!

Welcome to the eternal WIPs hehe,

Some update. Not convinced about the ear, but I need to move on! The differences from the reference are intentional.

I also started sculpting some features and imperfections on a multiresolution copy of the model. I want her to look more “human”, expressive. I will eventually it use to bake the normalmap from, wich in turn I will use as reference to tweak the other maps (color, in particular). Old UVs and maps have been messed up by the geometry changes, so they need some small repairs.

Hi there! I think that the ear is in need of some angle, and some depth, you have it almost done!

Also look at the ones I did in this model, you can see them in every angle! maybe you can see the depth and some other things. They are not by far perfect, but I think they serve the purpose to show you my point.

Your model is stunning!!!
And as always, thanks for you feedback and your time :slight_smile:

small update