Some roads can make you feel sleepy

Hi guys! It’s the first time I’m posting something in the “Focused Critiques” area, so please be kind. :slight_smile:

What do you think about this artwork? The idea behind it is the headline - “Some roads can make you feel sleepy”. I know that I have to render it at a better quality, but besides that, what other suggestions do you have?

Also, don’t mind that kind-of-empty space the bottom of the frame. I purposely kept it like that because there will be a few lines of text in that area.

i really like it

Thank you! Any ideas on how to make it even better? :slight_smile:

If you want to give it a more ‘sleepy’ feel, try taking out a lot of the green. Make the lights a little warmer (esp. the street lights).

Maybe add a little fog (or just soften the light)? and darken the darks in post-process.

Cold colors wake people up (think color of a daytime sky), while warm colors feel more relaxed, even sleepy.

Also, try giving the road-cloth-thing a little more thickness, like a blanket, and see how that looks.

I really like the concept. Nice models, it’s a nice base to work from.

I found the overall contrast a bit lacking, so I tweaked the colors, added some darkness, softened the ‘grit’ etc. I tried to get the picture to tell a story:
We’re moving from awake to sleep: day to night, light to dark, blue to red.
At night, light is harsh - keep sharp edges where it’s lit, blur where darkened.
etc.

The most important thing is the value. Then add some more color variation:

This kind of work is way easier to do in post processing than in the render (in my opinion), so if you’ve only got one frame, just render it at high quality and muck around in gimp/photoshop.

You could actually boost the overall light even more, particularly if you’re going for print. Then you end up with:

Then maybe increase the contrast in the trees slightly to give them more shape:

Man, soft-light layer mode is so much fun for tweaking things with…

well you already have the bed sheet maybe make a pillow and use it as a obstacle and cause a crash?