Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I must ask: Does this addon work with exporting content to Unity, or any other game engine? So even if you don't plan on making a game in the Blender game engine you could use these new tools for helping your workflow in other game engines? :O

P.S. I am interested in purchasing this addon but, as another person stated, the Blender market's payment options are limited; I primarily use PayPal myself so I may send you an email.

Originally Posted by EEEnt_OFFICIAL View Post
    I must ask: Does this addon work with exporting content to Unity, or any other game engine? So even if you don't plan on making a game in the Blender game engine you could use these new tools for helping your workflow in other game engines? :O

P.S. I am interested in purchasing this addon but, as another person stated, the Blender market's payment options are limited; I primarily use PayPal myself so I may send you an email.
    Unfortunately this addon will not work in other engines, mainly because it uses python and relies on BGE logic to make animations easier.
    Other game engines will all have different API and programming languages so there is no way to make a 1 size fits all.
    There are some sprite sheets included which can be used in other engines but the actual addon itself can only be used within BGE/UPBGE.
    My BGE Tutorials | 98 free nature Assets | My BGE Sprite Addon | Facebook Page | Contact
    Stay inspired!

Originally Posted by Thatimster View Post
    Unfortunately this addon will not work in other engines, mainly because it uses python and relies on BGE logic to make animations easier.
    Other game engines will all have different API and programming languages so there is no way to make a 1 size fits all.
    There are some sprite sheets included which can be used in other engines but the actual addon itself can only be used within BGE/UPBGE.
    I see, thank you for clarifying.

The BGE Sprite Addon has recieved a new update with the capability of bi-directional scrolling!
    This means you no longer have to use an animated texture for water waves, you can just use 1 normal map !
    It can also be used for things like water caustics and other lighting effects.

Here are some examples that you will receive with the update:

You can also have UV's scrolling at different speeds (good for river bubbles).

This update v1.2 is free for everyone that has already purchased the addon!

You can get it here: https://blendermarket.com/products/bge-sprite-addon
    My BGE Tutorials | 98 free nature Assets | My BGE Sprite Addon | Facebook Page | Contact
    Stay inspired!

oh awesome update Thatimster have already gotten it and installed it into blender thanks man...

Game made using the sprite addon:
    https://blenderartists.org/forum/sho...-Side-Scroller
    Stay inspired!

I have purchased the addon and am trying to make tank treads that starts and stops when I press a button to move the tank. Any change I can get a tutorial on how to do that. Right now the tracks rotate but when I try set up an event to use as a logic trigger I get a bunch of console errors and the Addon disapears from the UV window. I'm sure this would be very helpful to lots of people. In your video you show a roll up door example, but how do you actuate the door to go up when you want it to?

Also one more thing, when applying the changes to a sprite sheet all the layers but one turn off. Then I have to turn them back on by clicking each layer button? Is that the way its suppose to work?

Originally Posted by cdo1955 View Post
    I have purchased the addon and am trying to make tank treads that starts and stops when I press a button to move the tank. Any change I can get a tutorial on how to do that. Right now the tracks rotate but when I try set up an event to use as a logic trigger I get a bunch of console errors and the Addon disapears from the UV window. I'm sure this would be very helpful to lots of people. In your video you show a roll up door example, but how do you actuate the door to go up when you want it to?

Also one more thing, when applying the changes to a sprite sheet all the layers but one turn off. Then I have to turn them back on by clicking each layer button? Is that the way its suppose to work?
    Thanks for bringing this up! Currently the only way to activate scrolling would be to create a large texture and then set the y-frames to a high value (using only the UI). This is definitely something I will implement into the addon for v1.3.
    I will send you a PM with a script that should work.

Regarding layers the addon is supposed to store the currently active ones and then restore the active layers afterwards, but I can look into that as well.
    Stay inspired!

Thanks for looking into it CDO

New v1.3 update on the way!

Thanks for looking into it CDO
    No problem!

I spend this weekend fixing up the addon instead of recording a tutorial
    Here are the new features:

• Bugfix for selecting previous layers
    • Event based scrolling supported
    • Multiple material scrolling supported (under event based scrolling).
    • Remove settings option

Extras included with the update:

• Tank demo with moving tracks (move in opposite directions when turning).
    • More explosion sprite-sheets

The new update (v1.3) with all of these features will likely be released in the next week. This update is free for anyone that has already purchased the addon through the blendermarket.

A big thanks to CDO1955 for letting me know exactly what went wrong instead of just saying "it doesn't work"
    Stay inspired!

Alright so v1.3 is officially live
    You should be able to download the new version through the blendermarket here: https://blendermarket.com/products/bge-sprite-addon

Here is a video about it:

The tank game included in the update:

Enjoy
    Stay inspired!

You darn are right I purchased this. Can't wait to use it for multiple things. Thanks for your work.

Originally Posted by AudioFreakXD View Post
    You darn are right I purchased this. Can't wait to use it for multiple things. Thanks for your work.
    Thanks for the support Hopefully it will make game creation much easier!
    Stay inspired!

Those new features look promising! I'll make use of this a lot in my new game

great fix man! the new scrolling funtions are awsome. Thank

Originally Posted by CG Sky View Post
    Those new features look promising! I'll make use of this a lot in my new game
    Great, looking forward to seeing the result! I'll be happy to share it

great fix man! the new scrolling funtions are awsome. Thank
    No worries, thanks for letting me know about the issues
    Stay inspired!

even this tool is getting even better by the day... thanks for the update..

Bought it instantly! ^__^ The community has needed this for a long time.

Thank you for your hard work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12