Blender Really Slow all of a sudden

Hello Blender Community
I have been using blender for around 3 years now on varies laptops and have had no problems with performance. I have used blender on this laptop for a while with no problems however all of a sudden I am getting really low framerate. Even in a new scene with just a cube I am getting very low framerate. My laptop is more than capable to run blender as I have used it in the past no problem. I have the latest nvidia drivers for my 950M 4GB and all my other games and unity run fine. I reinstalled and messed with the window draw method but the problem still persists. I desperately need a fix.
Thanks
Minpin

Check to see if you have Ambient Occlusion or Depth of Field turned on (“n” panel under “Shading”). If all else fails you could go back to the defaults (File > Load Factory Settings) to see if that fixes it.

hi! I’m currently using the 2.70a version (installed) and 2.77a (zip version) due the programs i use… but i’m having the same issue. The 2.77a started lagging out of the sudden while the older version is working as usual. I tried loading the factory settings, and that didn’t helped. I also tried downloading the zip version of 2.78a and it’s lagging too. I’m not sure what happened! i recently updated my nvidia card (always try to install it as soon as the experience program tells me to)… i’m not sure if that has anything to do…

I’m also using the 950M as well! ugh…

So I fixed it by re-downloading graphics drivers and then switching to an integrated graphics card in my nvidia control panel. Hope this works for you as well if you need anymore help let me know.
Thanks
Aarone

I added the exe of the 2.70a version and changed to integrated from the nvidia panel. Working perfect so far! will see how it handles it. Also tried the 2.78 and it’s working fine now aswell! so it looks like by only choosing one, it applies to all of them. thank you for taking the time to reply back! :):):slight_smile: