Help With UVs

Hello everyone,

I’m in need of some help for UV Unwrapping. I have made a huge architectural model out of approximatively 1700 objects. I don’t want to smart UV Unwrap them by hand… Is there any way to Smart UV Unwrap a whole selection? Thanks.

Cheers

smart UV project?

press U+S in editmode with everything selected.

The thing is, it only unwraps the item I selected first :frowning:

no it unwraps everything you have selected. if you have multible objects in object mode, select everything and merge it by pressing CTRL J. then selecting everything in editmode and pressing U+S.

But then, won’t it merge everything? I’d like to be able to apply a different material to every object in my game engine, won’t it just make a big UV unwrap of everything?

if you have modifiers on mutible objects then before merging them with CTRL J, you can do Alt + C and “convert” it into a mesh. all though its already a mesh, all it will do is apply all modifiers.

apply materials in blender. make materials and assign them.

i will make a video for you once i get home and show you how this is done correctly. please submit a Blend file with your project, if you dont wish to share it in public, then send it to me by PM.

also let me know if you would like an overall review of the models themselves too.

That’s very nice of you, thanks. I’ll finish with the normals and send you the model. It might not be very good, as I’m still learning, but it still looks good in game ^^

check back in 6 hours from me posting this. i should be back home by then.

make a list of questions and ill answer those too while im on it.