Will Blender be supporting AMD cards?

2.78a was so buggy I had to delete it and install 2.76b, but that is acting buggy too. I can only assume it’s my AMD Radeon HD card. Can’t get anything done like this so if there is a fix let me know.

digiman

Hi, if you find a bug report it.
For me 2.78a is stable.
The list of supported AMD cards for GPU render > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_graphics_processing_units

Cheers, mib

And if you feel experimental you can now render volumes and SSS on your GPU.
Otherwise check drivers, be sure to have it all updated, even windows updates are sometimes the cause of bugs or conflicting drivers…

And for what it matters to get a good answer, please consider making a good question - explain in detail what the problem really is, what kind of machine and specs are in question. As it is now, looks just like a complaint :rolleyes:

I was not trying to complain, Just wanted to see if others were having this much trouble and if it could be fixed. Here are some of the problems I have with 2.76b, I deleted 2.78a I have only had 2.76b a day and a half. I could not unwrap my texture , after trying I saved my project opened blender again and appended my project into Blender this time the map window had the image and was unwrapped with out me doing a thing. Weight painting is a joke, it won’t work, and yes I know how to weight paint not to mention I have been binging on Blender tutorials.I am sure there will be many more problems. I have AMD Radeon HD 7450 card, win 7. If I can’t do any more work since I can’t weight paint but I can always go back to Blender 2.49b, it’s old but it works.

I’m on a Radeon HD 7660. I can’t seem to reproduce any problems with unwrap or weight paint in 2.78a. If you have some steps to follow I can try to reproduce it.

:slight_smile: ain’t that hard… i don’t have an AMD card, but can test & check if same problem occurs on my machine with the same file, same steps or is simple UV unwrap on a cube enough to break your heart :wink:
even others are offering help, so?

heads up, together we can come to some conclusion or not… it’s your choice only, but since you started already, it’s in the flow :eyebrowlift2:

Xrg, thanks I don’t see how that will help, all I wanted to know when I asked this question if others were having problems similar to mine, I guess you don’t. It might be that Blender just does not work on my system well.

burnin, you have a sarcastic way to your replies. Remember I have been using blender for almost 9 years. I know my way around it. I was PRACTICING on cubes to make sure I was doing it correctly, stop being a dick.

digiman